Here at Osa Healthcare Recruitment we are committed to finding wonderful staff who share our values and are dedicated to providing professional, caring and high quality services. We want to find the right people the right role for them.
Job Title: Associate Specialist
Length/Type of Post: Permanent, Full Time.
Join our clients new CAMHS service as a Associate Specialist and help some of the most vulnerable people build a brighter future. It’s a great time to join and help shape this new service as part of a new multidisciplinary team where you can make a real impact.
You will work 37.5 hours a week as part of a full multidisciplinary team at the new 12-bed CAMHS service – supporting young people aged 12-17 with eating disorders. With an onsite school providing educational services while the young people are in our care, it’s a great opportunity to be part of something new and help shape its future.
As an Associate Specialist, you will have prior experience in working with an MDT in a CAMHS setting from the NHS or private sector. Previous work with children & young people, and with people suffering from an eating disorder is preferable but not essential. You will manage any physical health concerns and continue to analyse their mental health.
Working alongside the multidisciplinary team, you will ensure an adequate handover to colleagues including out of hours, seek collateral history from other professionals and family, and complete discharge letters/reports/s62 forms as required.
You'll be a part of an organisation that continually innovate, improve and deliver excellent care for its service users, and has an active programme of education and research to provide significant developmental opportunities for its staff.
Other Responsibilities include:
- Preparing First-tier Tribunal and Hospital Managers' hearing reports under the supervision of Consultant
- Provide medical reports and attend CPA meetings to review care of patients with NHS England case managers and community care co-ordinators
- Providing oral evidence at First-tier Tribunal and Hospital Managers' hearings under the supervision of the Consultant (Depending on your experience)
- Contributing to the service development by participating in Clinical Governance activities by conducting audits, research and teaching
- Work effectively with colleagues to ensure that patients have access to appropriate medical cover at all times.
- Providing prospective cover to other speciality doctors when they are on leave
- Liaising with GP and practice nurse regarding physical healthcare of service users
Type of candidate that we are looking for
- Full GMC registration
- Experience working in psychiatry within multi-disciplinary teams
- To be in good standing with the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- To have had an appraisal/RITA within the last year
- At least 3 years' experience in Psychiatry
- Experience working as a doctor within a similar environment
- MRCPsych (desirable)
- Section 12 (2) approval (desirable)
- AC status (desirable)
What our client is offering the successful candidate
- Annual salary of £85,000
- The equivalent of 30 days annual leave (or pro-rata) – plus your birthday off!
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
There are also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers and much more.
This job role will involve working around vulnerable people therefore your employer may be required to check whether you have a criminal record via the Disclosure and Barring Service (known as a DBS check). You will also be asked questions as part of our self disclosure section on the application form. We operate a fair recruitment process and do not discriminate. Any information you provide will be considered fairly and lawfully.
Due to the nature of our work applicants must be aged 18 or over.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities company as are all the companies we work with. All applicants will be considered fairly and free from prejudice or discrimination.
We are very proud to say that we have signed the mental health at work commitment. We are passionate about mental health and we are dedicated to doing everything we can to promote mental well-being, support people who are struggling and break down the stigmas of mental health problems. We only work with companies who share our beliefs and care for their employees metal health and well-being.