Here at Osa Healthcare Recruitment we are committed to finding wonderful staff who share our values and are dedicated to providing professional, caring and high quality services. We want to find the right people the right role for them.
Job Title: Care Assistant
Location: North Somerset
Length/Type of Post: Permanent
Salary: £9.75 per hour
Day shifts: 8am-2pm, 2pm-8pm or 8am-8pm
Night shift: 8pm - 8am waking nights.
Our client has a small care Home with 16 happy residents and friendly staff. They provide 24-hour care for elderly residents, many with conditions including dementia, who wish to take life a bit more quietly. They are caring and compassionate to each other and most of the time working feels more relaxed and rewarding.
To demonstrate, promote and ensure high standards of health and social care for the people living at Mendip Lodge
To work with the staff team to provide a homely environment for people living in the home.
To maintain a kind, caring and compassionate behaviours always
To fully adapt, embrace and work within the expectations of a care environment that is based upon individualised care focusing on the physical and social well-being of people living in the home.
WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO:
- To ensure people living in the home are always treated with respect and dignity, emphasising their independence and supporting them as individuals.
- To work with the team to provide personal care for people living in the home according to their individual plans of care.
- To be able to follow guidance and instruction from Unit Care/Team Leaders, Senior Care Assistants or Registered Nursing staff to ensure the smooth running of the shift and effective delivery of care.
- To maintain up to date and accurate daily and ongoing records for people living in the home
- To be able to recognise the need for and facilitate socially stimulating activities with the people living in the home, either on a 1:1 basis or as a group
- To communicate effectively within the team, raising any concerns in an appropriate and timely manner to the relevant senior member of staff on duty.
- To communicate effectively and in a professional manner with relevant healthcare professionals visiting the home or telephoning the home.
- To be aware of and conversant with Mendip Lodge policies and protocols relevant to every day working practices.
Type of candidate that we are looking for
- Care Assistant, to work to complete the Care Certificate within the time frame set by the Home Manager, if NVQ/QCF Level 2 not obtained previously.
- Excellent communication skills – demonstration of a competent and professional manner regardless of the situation.
- Able to demonstrate good time and resource management skills.
- A flexible and adaptable approach to working hours in order to meet the organisational requirements of the home.
ESSENTIAL KEY QUALITIES:
- To be able to work effectively within the team demonstrating a cooperative and adaptable manner to meet changing care situations.
- To be able to demonstrate a complete understanding of the necessity for confidentiality and duty of candour requirements.
- A commitment to develop self, completing relevant mandatory training and CPD activities in order to work in accordance with best practice.
- Commitment to enabling older people to live their lives as well as they can regardless of the complexities of their long-term condition or life limiting illness.
- Be able to act as an ambassador .
What our client is offering the successful candidate
Friendly and rewarding working environment with opportunities for career progression to senior roles and free training. Meals provided if on a long shift.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities company as are all the companies we work with. All applicants will be considered fairly and free from prejudice or discrimination.
We are very proud to say that we have signed the mental health at work commitment. We are passionate about mental health and we are dedicated to doing everything we can to promote mental well-being, support people who are struggling and break down the stigmas of mental health problems. We only work with companies who share our beliefs and care for their employees metal health and well-being.