Here at Osa Healthcare Recruitment we are committed to finding wonderful staff who share our values and are dedicated to providing professional, caring and high quality services. We want to find the right people the right role for them.
Job Title: Clinical Services Manager
Length/Type of Post: Permanent, Full Time.
You will join the multidisciplinary team that provides CAMHS Tier 4 service for young people aged 12 – 18 years with a prime diagnosis of eating disorders and who may have other mental health conditions.
The Clinical Services Manager is accountable for the day to day operational delivery and quality performance of the clinical service
The Clinical Services Manager will liaise with clinical, non-clinical staff and other partner stakeholders in order to deliver a service aligned to an outstanding outcome within the CQC regulatory agenda and meet other all other regulatory requirements.
The Clinical Services Manager will act as a clinical and operational expert for clinical service, overseeing that care is delivered in line with best practice, that staff are supported, to develop and that all targets and deadlines are met in line with regulatory requirements and performance measures across the three key domains relating to People, Quality and Finance.
The Clinical Service Manager, will deputise in the absence of the Hospital Director. The Clinical Services Manager will work hand in hand with other key SMT colleagues including specifically Support Services Manager and Compliance & Quality Lead to ensure that the hospital is adequately provisioned for excellent care and treatment for our young people. This senior team will ensure that communication is optimum and that as a unified circle, role model partnership working and collaborative approaches to all aspects of individual roles and responsibilities.
The Clinical Services Manager, will have oversight of all staff planning, ensuring appropriate staffing levels are deployed/maintained, to meet the changing numbers and acuity of the patient’s, and being flexible with the resource to ensure optimum skill-mix.
The Clinical Services manager will oversee compliance with the e-rostering system ensuring needs are accurate at all times and planned 12 weeks in advance The Clinical Services Manager must be a visible clinical presence both in and out of hours and contribute to the on-call rota.
· To lead the Ward Manager and Social Worker to deliver against all regulatory activity and within Best Practice standards.
· To ensure that all Safeguarding standards are adhered to
· To ensure that all clinical quality reporting and performance measures are sustained and delivered across the hospital including those surrounding NHSE contract monitoring, regulatory and internal frameworks.
· To support the service lead in ensuring that all HR policies are adhered to by staff and take action to remedy concerns in a timely manner
· To ensure that the managers maintain all dashboards, related to their area of responsibility as up to date, accurate and complete for reporting purposes
· To ensure Ward Manager attain that all staff within their sphere of accountability are receiving supervision in line with contractual obligations and Elysium Policy
· To undertake audits, in line with the requirements of contractual obligations and Elysium’s Clinical audit group and ensure action plans are developed and monitored, to achieve improvement
· To oversee the day to day operational functioning of the wards, to ensure clinical standards are being met and maintained and take action to address any short-comings
· To lead a culture of enquiry and learning from any adverse events, to ensure that staff are practising safely as new information is available
· Oversee that all patients have relevant in date plans of care, which are person centred and promote recovery
· Ensure that records are contemporaneous, accurate and in line with GPDR requirements and that any risks related to patient care, are clearly documented
· Oversee that patients have clear plans of care for the physical and psychological care and that these are maintained accurately
· To contribute to the service by undertaking investigations into incidents, dealing with complaints and maintaining databases, in date, as required
· To oversee e-rostering system, ensuring information is accurate at all times and that staffing ladders are maintained to meet the needs of safe staffing
· To maintain links with Universities and support the service to maintain student placements
· To fully oversee recruitment and retention across the hospital for clinical areas.
Managerial & Leadership
· To effectively manage own time to meet the required standard of the job role
· To oversee compliance with policies and procedures and ensure that standards across all wards deliver a positive performance, addressing concerns in a timely manner
· To manage resource in line with budget and to work flexibly within the service, to meet the needs of the patient group and optimise resource, to meet patient need/acuity and safety. The CSM will ensure oversight of safe staffing, DPR processes and that clinical practice is review and managed across the hospital.
· To ensure that there is a team ethos across the clinical services department and ensure that interpersonal working is one of positivity and partnership. The role will include bringing teams together to work more cohesively and managing complex issues around people that requires a high degree of maturity and sensitivity.
· To ensure that all HR matters –including sickness, performance, recruitment and training are dealt with in ‘real-time’ and that there is a culture of good practice being delivered by all key managers.
· To ensure that the role is visible and staff / young people feel supported at times of operational challenge.
· To ensure that the clinical framework and incident cycles are fully embedded across all MDT’s and wards.
· To review and monitor the performance dashboard and ultimately taking accountability for the delivery of a positive return.
· To offer support and develop the ward teams, to engage positively with patient’s, families and visitors, in line with Elysium values
· To be responsive, proactive and positive within the role, offering a solution focussed approach to issues and a can do manner
· To report monthly against Clinical KPI’s
· To lead the CG in partnership with the Hospital Director. This includes ensuring that all papers, invites and administrative planning is in place.
· To provide the Monthly Clinical Report, for the dashboard
· To deputise in the absence of the Hospital Director and therefore, to have an in-depth knowledge of the requirements of CQC
· To lead improvement projects and embed change across the clinical areas within the hospital.
· To participate in the SMT on-call structure for the hospital. The CSM will adopt, embrace and executive the key objectives and agreed standards for conduct as part of the SMT.
Health & Safety
To be aware of the requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, having particular regard for the following practices:
a) Fire prevention
b) Prevention of back injuries
d) Food Handling
To be aware of and enforce the Data Protection Act 1984; any employee found to have permitted unauthorised disclosure might lead to the Company and individual being prosecuted.
To undertake such other duties as may be mutually determined from time to time
This job description is an outline, which reflects the present requirements of the post and is not intended to be an inflexible or finite list of duties and responsibilities. As these duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be amended from time to time in consultation with the post holder.
Type of candidate that we are looking for
· Registered Healthcare professional with current registration post 5 years.
· Evidence of CPD
· Evidence of undertaking management training or willingness to complete Elysium Leadership training
· Excellent written and verbal communication – ability to formulate articulate reports
· Evidence of successfully leading a team
· Computer literate
· Understanding of own clinical limitations
· Participation in delivering training
· A completer finisher, with good attention to detail
· Ability to engage positively to promote team working
· At least 3 years working in a CAMHS setting or considerable management experience in an inpatient setting
· Experience and understanding of KLOE’s/CQC role
· Up to date knowledge of relevant legislation related to patient group EG MHA/MCA/Children Act
· Experience of leading a team and successfully allocating work to others to meet care needs of patient’s
· Experience of managing underperformance
· Experience of leading on defined audits, completing successful plans for service improvement
· Experience of compliance with KPI’s
· Experience of supervising practice in line with NMC, HCPC requirements
· Evidence of engagement in supervision to review own practice
· Knowledge of CQUIN requirements for NHS patient’s
· Knowledge of Standards for relevant specialism e.g. CAMHS Eating Disorders.
· Knowledge of NICE guidance
· Experience of recruiting staff
· Demonstrable experience of managing HR issues, including sickness, recruitment
· Experience of positively engaging teams
· A comprehensive understanding of budgets
· Ability to undertake flexible working as per emerging needs
· Available to weekends/Bank Holidays
· Ability to participate in the on-call rota for the service
· Physically able to undertake all training requirements for the role including Manual Handling and restraint
· Post graduate management and leadership qualification
· Specialist ED experience
· Leading a CAMHS ervice in a similar role
· Leading an CAMHS Acute Service
What our client is offering the successful candidate
The equivalent of 33 days annual leave – plus your birthday off!
Free meals and parking
Wellbeing support and activities
career development and training
Enhanced Maternity Package
Flexible working opportunities
There are also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check and much more.
This job role will involve working around vulnerable people therefore your employer may be required to check whether you have a criminal record via the Disclosure and Barring Service (known as a DBS check). You will also be asked questions as part of our self disclosure section on the application form. We operate a fair recruitment process and do not discriminate. Any information you provide will be considered fairly and lawfully.
Due to the nature of our work applicants must be aged 18 or over
We are committed to being an equal opportunities company as are all the companies we work with. All applicants will be considered fairly and free from prejudice or discrimination.
We are very proud to say that we have signed the mental health at work commitment. We are passionate about mental health and we are dedicated to doing everything we can to promote mental well-being, support people who are struggling and break down the stigmas of mental health problems. We only work with companies who share our beliefs and care for their employees metal health and well-being.