Here at Osa Healthcare Recruitment we are committed to finding wonderful staff who share our values and are dedicated to providing professional, caring and high quality services. We want to find the right people the right role for them.
Job Title: Consultant Psychiatrist
Length/Type of Post: Permanent, Full Time.
Accepting this role would see you join this new service in the centre of Cullompton and be part of a new team making a positive difference to the lives of women in need.
The service is a mental health service for women requiring rehabilitation to support them getting back into the community, where conditions may include personality disorders, Autism and associated challenges.
You will have overall clinical responsibility for the 24-hour management of in-patients, including implementing assessments for referrals, overseeing the Care Programme Approach, delegating responsibility and accountability to the Associate Specialists and other medical staff.
As a member of the Medical Directorate, you will be responsible for advising the wider team on psychiatric and medical concerns, which will see you design and deliver training to staff of all disciplines, in particular, the medical staff.
The role is an ideal opportunity for people from secure ward settings who are looking for a less restrictive environment and are keen to support active rehabilitation and community participation.
- Jointly, within the Medical Directorate, develop and review Directorate policies and procedures to meet requirements of statutory bodies
- Participate in making appropriate responsible Medical Officer arrangements to cover the 24-hour operation
- Operationally manage within agreed standards, targets, timetables and constraints, following operational and strategic objectives in the Medical Service Level Agreement
- Administration of the Mental Health Act, Clinical Policy, Clinical Standards and associated administrative tasks in respect of service users
- Exercise professional leadership and institute, manage and evaluate through audit a medical service, ensuring that clinical policy, practice and its application is research-based and of a good standard
- Be jointly responsible with the General Practitioner for the provision of medical services appropriate to patients in this service
Type of candidate that we are looking for
- Be medically qualified, MRC Psych or equivalent
- Experience with working with women with personality disorders or mental health conditions
- Be innovative and imaginative with the ability to initiate corporate decisions
- An understanding of current developments in psychiatry and other aspects of mental health
- Have substantial knowledge of change management, relevant legislation, contemporary issues in mental health, knowledge of and experience in purchaser/provider contractual issues
- Have previous Consultant experience in a management role
What our client is offering the successful candidate
- Annual salary of £135,000
- The equivalent of 30 days annual leave – plus your birthday off!
- Free meals
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Maternity Package
There are also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check and much more
This job role will involve working around vulnerable people therefore your employer may be required to check whether you have a criminal record via the Disclosure and Barring Service (known as a DBS check). You will also be asked questions as part of our self disclosure section on the application form. We operate a fair recruitment process and do not discriminate. Any information you provide will be considered fairly and lawfully.
Due to the nature of our work applicants must be aged 18 or over.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities company as are all the companies we work with. All applicants will be considered fairly and free from prejudice or discrimination.
We are very proud to say that we have signed the mental health at work commitment. We are passionate about mental health and we are dedicated to doing everything we can to promote mental well-being, support people who are struggling and break down the stigmas of mental health problems. We only work with companies who share our beliefs and care for their employees metal health and well-being.