Here at Osa Healthcare Recruitment we are committed to finding wonderful staff who share our values and are dedicated to providing professional, caring and high quality services. We want to find the right people the right role for them.
Job Title: Events Coordinator
Length/Type of Post: Permanent
Hours: 24 hours per week. Normally working time is 10am to 6pm but flexibility required.
Our client is rated outstanding by CQC and has a brand new, all-inclusive residential, nursing and dementia care home situated in Cribbs Causeway, Bristol. Now fully open to new admissions, this state-of-the-art care home features a specially designed gymnasium, a stunning bar and bistro and plenty of open outdoor spaces over multiple levels. With high-end touches everywhere you look, 71 luxury en-suite bedrooms and a community-focused approach, the purpose-built care home serving Bristol and Portishead is anything but ordinary. With a very experienced management team and a dedicated team of staff including top-class chefs and hospitality staff, this is a social home with a touch of luxury at every turn.
To provide exciting, fun, stimulating and meaningful activities and opportunities for residents to have new experiences, learn new skills, and continue to enjoy their hobbies.
Working alongside the Events Manager, assist in coordinating and delivering events, activities of daily living, celebrations and social time that promotes our residents independence, health and wellbeing.
To facilitate open day events that promote the home and has emphases on Living Well and Thriving held within and outside the home.
To effectively build and maintain relationships and links with local community individuals, groups and links
The Company operates a ‘one team’ approach, and all staff, regardless of role, as responsible for ensuring each individual resident receives high quality care and support
All employees are bound by the Company rules, which are detailed in separate documents.
- To work with the care and events team to identify each individual resident’s likes, hobbies,interests and skills through understanding their life histories, observation and discussions each person and their loved ones
- To identify resident’s dreams and wish lists, and work to make these a reality.
- To deliver a wide variety of engaging social events and activities are available throughout the day, across 7 days a week.
- To carry out activities throughout the home, utilising different communal spaces inside and outside of the building, and supporting as many residents as possible to benefit from the activities on offer
- To work in a solution-focused manner and solve any problems or queries come across where possible and practical as per the nature of the job role
- To ensure that normal activities of daily living (e.g.cooking, housework, gardening) are incorporated into everyday life within the home
- To ensure that all residents have a 1-1 activity on a regular basis, especially those who are confined to their bed or do not wish to join in Group activities
- To ensure regular photos are taken of the social activities and life within the home to help promote the home
- To meet with all new residents to discuss their preferences for activities and assist in their settling in
- Assist the Events Manager in the creation of weekly and monthly activities plans for the home based on resident likes, hobbies, interests and skills that include both group and individual activities.
- Showing respect for and co-operating with all members of the team to work towards and achieve goals and objectives
- Some events and activities may be outside of your normal working hours and it is expected that you attend these as requested and therefore work on a flexible basis.
- To act as a role model at all times to other staff in the home at all times, ensuring best practice is always followed and promote a culture of learning and continuous improvement.
- Providing excellent customer service at all times
- Ensuring the presentation of our premises is maintained to a high standard
- To travel to other sites within the Company if required
- Undertake any other duties as may be required to assist in the smooth running of the business.
To perform other functions related to the role of an Events Coordinator, or as may be reasonable requested by your Line Manager. This is a minimum requirement as a job specification and can be amended at the discretion of the Manager following appropriate consultation.
Type of candidate we are looking for
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport quickly and with different audiences in a friendly,warm and professional manner
- Natural creative and innovative skill and mindset
- A great sense of humour and fun
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including IT skills.
- Strong organisational skills, with a good eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills and able to engage and adapt to different levels.
- A flexible approach to working hours.
- Previous experience within a care home environment working within a similar role
What our client is offering the successful candidate
- Pay above the minimum wage. Our client has decided to take the lead within the care sector which is why they pay all staff above the living wage; not the minimum wage, not the living wage but above the living wage. The results of doing this are that they have a care team who know they are respected and valued, and they are able to attract the best people to work in their home. Everybody wins, but most of all our residents.
- Free training and personal development. The skills of their team are extremely important to them and the provision of care. They want their employees to grow, whichever role you are in – from cleaner to carer.
- Meals supplied. Care can be tiring work, and they want their team to be fully energised, so instead of bringing your own lunch in (which you are more than welcome to do!), why not enjoy a meal every day from your colleagues in the catering team? Just one less thing to worry about.
- A range of benefits and discounts
- Employee Assistants Programme
- Access to digital GP consultation
- Cycle to work scheme
- Our clients has also partnered with Nuffield Health to offer other healthy living advice, supporting you to have a healthy body and a healthy mind. Your being healthy benefits everyone… it’s something we’re really passionate about.
- Discounted access to Medical Cash-Plan in partnership with BHSF. You fund it yourself, but again if you sign up it is automatically taken from your payslip
This job role will involve working around vulnerable people therefore your employer may be required to check whether you have a criminal record via the Disclosure and Barring Service (known as a DBS check). You will also be asked questions as part of our self disclosure section on the application form. We operate a fair recruitment process and do not discriminate. Any information you provide will be considered fairly and lawfully.
Due to the nature of our work applicants must be aged 18 or over.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities company as are all the companies we work with.
All applicants will be considered fairly and free from prejudice or discrimination.
We are very proud to say that we have signed the mental health at work commitment. We are passionate about mental health and we are dedicated to doing everything we can to promote mental well-being, support people who are struggling and break down the stigmas of mental health problems. We only work with companies who share our beliefs and care for their employees’ metal health and well-being.