Here at Osa Healthcare Recruitment we are committed to finding wonderful staff who share our values and are dedicated to providing professional, caring and high quality services. We want to find the right people the right role for them.
Job Title: Hairdresser
Length/Type of Post: Permanent
Salary: £11 per hour
Hours: 6 hours per day, 5 days per week, weekends as and when required. Normal working time is 9.30am to 3.30pm but flexibility required.
Our client is rated outstanding by CQC and has a lovely home set in the grounds of a large mature garden with plenty of outside space. Their priority is to deliver the best care possible, with a focus of the happiness of each and every resident.
To provide the hairdressing service for the home carrying out general hairdressing duties to meet resident’s wishes, preferences and needs in relation to their hair.
To ensure our residents look and feel good about themselves to promote their overall health and wellbeing
To organise the effective running of the hairdressing salon and service, maintaining the highest standards at all times within the Salon
To ensure the Hairdressing Salon is always presented to the highest standard, ensure the environment is presented well and is tidy and clean at all times.
The Company operates a ‘one team’ approach, and all staff, regardless of role, as responsible for ensuring each individual resident receives high quality care and support
All employees are bound by the Company rules, which are detailed in separate documents.
- To identify each individual resident’s likes, wishes and preferences in relation to their hair, and work to ensure these wishes and preferences are met. To ensure you understand each resident’s needs, including any relevant health conditions such as allergies.
- Provide consultation services to residents if and when required
- To carry out general hairdressing duties delivering a wide range of services and offerings for residents to a very high standard which may include (but is not limited to); washing, cutting, restyling, perming, tinting, washing and setting, application of colour or highlights (using different techniques) and blow-drying.
- To ensure hair products are tested on each individual prior toit’suse in line with product guidelines and any risk assessments
To ensure that all residents have access to the hairdressing service on a regular basis, especially those who are confined to their bed or do not wish to attend the salon, adapting the hairdressing service as required to meet their needs.
Handle any questions or concerns professionally and courteously
To ensure the product stocks are kept replenished in the Salon at all times
To effectively manage the booking system to ensure all residents receive the hairdressing service they wish to on a regular basis
To ensure the Salon is clean, tidy and presented to a very high standard at all times, carrying out general cleaning duties and ensuring cleaning schedules are adhered to, and tools are sanitized after each resident
Ensure relevant infection prevention and control procedures, recording and reporting are followed out at all times
To ensure all Salon equipment is in safe working order and any faults or issues are immediately reported to the Maintenance person or appropriate individual in their absence
To meet with all new residents to discuss their preferences for their hairdressing and to identify their needs and requirements.
To regularly ask for feedback from residents, seeking ways to improve the service to ensure continuous professional development.
Showing respect for and co-operating with all members of the team to work towards and achieve goals and objectives
To act as a role model at all times to other staff in the home at all times, ensuring best practice is always followed and promote a culture of learning and continuous improvement.
Providing excellent customer service at all times
Ensuring the presentation of our Salon and premises is maintained to a high standard
To work in a solution-focused manner and solve any problems or queries come across where possible and practical as per the nature of the job role
To travel to other sites within the Company if required
Undertake any other duties as may be required to assist in the smooth running of the business. To perform other functions related to the role of a Hairdresser, or as may be reasonable requested by your Line Manager. This is a minimum requirement as a job specification and can be amended at the discretion of the Manager following appropriate consultation.
Type of candidate we are looking for
- Hairdressing qualification and experience of working with older people
- Wide range of experience in undertaking cutting, restyling, blow drying, perming, setting, application of colour (and different colour techniques), restyling etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport quickly in a friendly, warm and professional manner
- A great sense of humour
- Sociable and creative personality
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with a good eye for detail ·
Excellent communication skills and able to engage and adapt to different levels.
- A flexible approach to working hours.
- Previous experience within a care home environment
- Strong and varied background working with older people’s hair
What our client is offering the successful candidate
- Pay above the minimum wage. Our client has decided to take the lead within the care sector which is why they pay all staff above the living wage; not the minimum wage, not the living wage but above the living wage. The results of doing this are that they have a care team who know they are respected and valued, and they are able to attract the best people to work in their home. Everybody wins, but most of all our residents.
- Free training and personal development. The skills of their team are extremely important to them and the provision of care. They want their employees to grow, whichever role you are in – from cleaner to carer.
- Meals supplied. Care can be tiring work, and they want their team to be fully energised, so instead of bringing your own lunch in (which you are more than welcome to do!), why not enjoy a meal every day from your colleagues in the catering team? Just one less thing to worry about.
- A range of benefits and discounts
- Employee Assistants Programme
- Access to digital GP consultation
- Cycle to work scheme
- Our clients has also partnered with Nuffield Health to offer other healthy living advice, supporting you to have a healthy body and a healthy mind. Your being healthy benefits everyone… it’s something we’re really passionate about.
- Discounted access to Medical Cash-Plan in partnership with BHSF. You fund it yourself, but again if you sign up it is automatically taken from your payslip
This job role will involve working around vulnerable people therefore your employer may be required to check whether you have a criminal record via the Disclosure and Barring Service (known as a DBS check). You will also be asked questions as part of our self disclosure section on the application form. We operate a fair recruitment process and do not discriminate. Any information you provide will be considered fairly and lawfully.
Due to the nature of our work applicants must be aged 18 or over.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities company as are all the companies we work with.
All applicants will be considered fairly and free from prejudice or discrimination.
We are very proud to say that we have signed the mental health at work commitment. We are passionate about mental health and we are dedicated to doing everything we can to promote mental well-being, support people who are struggling and break down the stigmas of mental health problems. We only work with companies who share our beliefs and care for their employees’ metal health and well-being.