Here at Osa Healthcare Recruitment we are committed to finding wonderful staff who share our values and are dedicated to providing professional, caring and high quality services. We want to find the right people the right role for them.
Job Title: Care Assistants Days or Nights
Length/Type of Post: Permanent
Salary: £11 per hour
Hours: Days or Nights - Full and Part Time Available
12-hour shifts, some 6 hour shifts, includes working every other weekend. Shift times: 8am-8pm, 8am-2pm, 2pm-8pm. Up to 42 hours per week.
Our client is rated outstanding by CQC and has a brand new, all-inclusive residential, nursing and dementia care home situated in Cribbs Causeway, Bristol. Now fully open to new admissions, this state-of-the-art care home features a specially designed gymnasium, a stunning bar and bistro and plenty of open outdoor spaces over multiple levels. With high-end touches everywhere you look, 71 luxury en-suite bedrooms and a community-focused approach, the purpose-built care home serving Bristol and Portishead is anything but ordinary. With a very experienced management team and a dedicated team of staff including top-class chefs and hospitality staff, this is a social home with a touch of luxury at every turn.
To provide residents with the highest possible standards of individualised care and support, promoting each individual’s dignity, privacy and independence
To ensure each resident receives care according to their individual needs. Ensure that all residents are safe from harm and that any possible/potential or actual concerns regarding any form of abuse are reported immediately to the appropriate individuals/bodies.
The Company operates a ‘one team’ approach, and all staff, regardless of role, as responsible for ensuring each individual resident receives high quality care and support, whilst promoting and ensuring everyone maintains their hobbies, skills and interests.
All employees are bound by the Company rules, which are detailed in separate documents.
To ensure all residents are provided with the highest possible standards of care and support, including end of life care, and ensuring their dignity, privacy and independence is upheld at all times.
To ensure residents are empowered to fully participate in decisions affecting their lives, embracing the philosophy of person-centered care. To ensure all options are explored in order to ensure resident’s needs, wishes and preferences are met.
To ensure that residents are enabled to fully participate in decisions affecting their lives, embracing the philosophy of person-centered care.
To support residents with care and support activities including personal care, the promotion of continence, and in mobilizing and movement.
To assist residents in using, maintaining and keeping in good working order personal aids and equipment
Ensure accurate and detailed care plan records are kept that are person-centered
Create clear and effective lines of communication and working relationships within the Home and with families, other professionals and agencies involved in the care of the residents, to ensure appropriate nursing care plans are devised to cater for their individual emotional, spiritual, physical and material needs.
Ensure that all residents are safe from harm and that any concerns that you suspect, or that have been reported to you, regarding any form of potential abuse or harm, are reported immediately to the General Manager and/or Regional Manager, and instructions followed.
To ensure all information relating to residents is treated sensitively and with confidentiality, adhering to the principles of data protection at all times.
To liaise with relatives and loved ones as appropriate and required, ensuring records are made of any communications regarding their loved one
Liaise with Pharmacists to ensure medication service meets the residents and homes expectations. Ensure that medicines management meets standards and guidance, and all staff practice meets those standards.
To ensure that treatment advice and recommendations from GP’s, Consultants, Pharmacists, Specialist Nurse Advisors and Public Health are documented and communicated effectively to the resident concerned, staff team and relatives, and that treatment/procedures are carried out with the necessary consent which is fully detailed and documented.
To ensure handovers are read upon the commencement of the shift, and work to the allocations given to you by your shift leader
To carry out basic domestic duties when required to ensure a clean environment, including making beds, tidying rooms and basic domestic cleaning duties as required.
To assist in the preparation of light meals, snacks and drinks for residents, taking care to ensure all food and fluid is given in line with each person’s needs, wishes and preferences.
To answer emergency call bells in a timely manner
To answer the telephone and greet visitors coming into the home in a friendly and professional manner.
To act as a role model at all times to other staff in the home at all times
To maintain an awareness of all routines within the Home and undertake general care work as necessary.
Attend and participate in staff meetings as and when required.
Create and maintain a high standard, both aesthetically and safe, within the Home.
Assist in ensuring a consistent management approach across Clients Homes by implementation and monitoring of all Company policies and procedures.
To travel to other sites within the Company if required.
Undertake any other duties as may be required to assist in the smooth running of the business.
To perform other functions related to the role of a Care Assistant, or as may be reasonable requested by your Line Manager. This is a minimum requirement as a job specification and can be amended at the discretion of the Manager following appropriate consultation.
Type of candidate we are looking for
- A kind, caring and compassionate nature
- Ability to use your initiative and think outside of the box
- A good sense of fun and sense of humour
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including IT skills.
- Good organisational skills, with a good eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills and able to adapt to different levels.
- A flexible approach to working hours
- Previous experience as a care assistant within a similar setting
- A relevant qualification in health and social care
What our client is offering the successful candidate
- Pay above the minimum wage. Our client has decided to take the lead within the care sector which is why they pay all staff above the living wage; not the minimum wage, not the living wage but above the living wage. The results of doing this are that they have a care team who know they are respected and valued, and they are able to attract the best people to work in their home. Everybody wins, but most of all our residents.
- Free training and personal development. The skills of their team are extremely important to them and the provision of care. They want their employees to grow, whichever role you are in – from cleaner to carer.
- Meals supplied. Care can be tiring work, and they want their team to be fully energised, so instead of bringing your own lunch in (which you are more than welcome to do!), why not enjoy a meal every day from your colleagues in the catering team? Just one less thing to worry about.
- A range of benefits and discounts
- Employee Assistants Programme
- Access to digital GP consultation
- Cycle to work scheme
- Our clients has also partnered with Nuffield Health to offer other healthy living advice, supporting you to have a healthy body and a healthy mind. Your being healthy benefits everyone… it’s something we’re really passionate about.
- Discounted access to Medical Cash-Plan in partnership with BHSF. You fund it yourself, but again if you sign up it is automatically taken from your payslip
This job role will involve working around vulnerable people therefore your employer may be required to check whether you have a criminal record via the Disclosure and Barring Service (known as a DBS check). You will also be asked questions as part of our self disclosure section on the application form. We operate a fair recruitment process and do not discriminate. Any information you provide will be considered fairly and lawfully.
Due to the nature of our work applicants must be aged 18 or over.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities company as are all the companies we work with.
All applicants will be considered fairly and free from prejudice or discrimination.
We are very proud to say that we have signed the mental health at work commitment. We are passionate about mental health and we are dedicated to doing everything we can to promote mental well-being, support people who are struggling and break down the stigmas of mental health problems. We only work with companies who share our beliefs and care for their employees’ metal health and well-being.