Here at Osa Healthcare Recruitment we are committed to finding wonderful staff who share our values and are dedicated to providing professional, caring and high quality services. We want to find the right people the right role for them.
Job Title: General Nurse Days
Length/Type of Post: Permanent
Hours: Part time
An outstanding Nursing home, set in seven acres of beautifully landscaped grounds, that offers a boutique care experience for their guests, ensuring home really does mean home.
Set in 7 acres of garden, this home has been completely refurbished to a high standard. The new owners are seeking experienced & dedicated staff to become part of an outstanding team providing the highest level of support & compassionate care to residents.
Job Purpose-To provide & supervise the delivery of the highest standard of person-centred nursing care to residents & maintain professional & clinical standards.
Quality & Regulation
- Assess the resident’s physical, psychological & social needs & compile a care plan in collaboration with the resident, family & any other relevant health care professional
- Plan, implement & evaluate the nursing care in relation to the residents needs in accordance with clinical policy & regulatory framework/s with other appropriate health care professionals
- Ensure all entries into the nursing records meet NMC standards for record keeping
- To actively participate in quality initiatives and to ensure that National Minimum Care Standards are achieved and maintained
- To be responsible for reading, understanding, applying and adhering to Company policies and procedures, National Guidelines and legislation.
- Participate in the formal audit program within your level of competence
- Maintain registration & comply with the NMC code at all time
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance with the Data Protection Act
- Visit each resident each day whilst on duty & ensure appropriate nursing care is delivered in a professional & timely manner by you & the care team under your supervision
- Support the senior clinical staff in the home & if appropriate & within your level of competence assist with any clinical investigations or complaints
- Comply with the NMC Administration of Medication & Medication Management policy to ensure that processes are followed to ensure the safe ordering, custody, storing, disposal, recording & administration of all medication
- Manage stock levels & replenishment of all clinical supplies
- Maintain & develop continual professional development & clinical skills to enable safe & effective clinical practice in line with NMC revalidation process
- Maintain professional communication with your line manager ensuring any clinical concerns or issues relating to safeguarding are reported in a timely manner
- Adhere to the local safeguarding policy & the reporting mechanisms. Contribute to any safeguarding investigation within the home, following the Duty of Candour requirements
- Comply with the accident/incident reporting policy to maintain the safety of staff & residents in the home, following the Duty of Candour requirements
- Attend monthly Clinical Governance meetings
- Support residents in understanding the ageing process & how it affects their health & lifestyle. Support residents to maximize their independence & create the environment which supports their physical & mental well-being & ensure that all residents are treated with dignity
- Support all residents with their individual diagnosis who may require additional psychological or emotional support
- To receive regular supervision for clinical practice
- Promote Clinical excellence reflecting the nursing philosophy
- To model person centred care in your practice
- To ensure that care staff understand and adhere to care plans of the people who use our service
- Be a Named Nurse for a number of residents within the home
- Allocate a key worker to each resident on admission
- Delegate duties to others effectively as required adhering to a whole home approach
- Work collaboratively with the activities team in the home to provide a comprehensive daily activities program to ensure residents spiritual & social needs are met
- To liaise with relatives and keep them informed of any changes that occur for the person that uses the service in keeping with Data Protection.
- To maintain complete confidentiality.
- Clearly present the points of view to a multi –disciplinary team that supports the people who use our service in any decision they may take
- To be a key member of the Care & Quality team providing professional input into clinical projects & developments within the home
- Assist in the recruitment of care staff in the home, including the development of clinical skills, supervision & induction programs as well as mentoring as per the NMC code
- To work collaboratively with colleagues across all disciplines within The Ellie Group & external agencies to develop & sustain best clinical practice
- Be professional, courteous & transparent in your communication
- Any other reasonable task requested by your line manager or home management team which is within your competence
- Support the clinical training program in the home through facilitating staff to attend informal & formal training opportunities
- Assist in the investigation of clinical complaints
This is physically demanding; you will be required to stand for extended periods of time & do repetitive tasks
Type of candidate that we are looking for
- Registered Nurse.
- NMC registration.
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
- Up to date clinical practices.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements & frameworks.
- Awareness of safe administration of medication & pharmaceutical guidelines.
- IT literacy & use of Microsoft Word.
- Clinical team working.
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively with the wider team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work across different agencies and facilitate successful interagency working.
- Ability to motivate and influence people.
- Producing well developed care plans.
- Leads by example.
- Trustworthy & honest.
- Can-do attitude.
- Driven by success.
- Strong communicator.
- Personally committed.
- Learns from mistakes.
- Tenacious & resilient.
- Understands accountability.
- Problem solving.
- Develops own skills and abilities.
- Shares knowledge.
- Practices in a person-centred way.
- Nursing degree.
- Mentoring qualification or alternative.
- Demonstrate knowledge of working within elderly care.
- Clinical Mentor.
- Support newly qualified nurses.
What our client is offering the successful candidate
- Competitive hourly rate
- Holiday pay
- Pension Contributions
- Supportive environment & regular supervision
- Employee well-being programme
- Opportunity to develop & career progression
- Strong & effective leadership
- A supportive & values-driven culture
- Encouraging teams to work together
- Stable management
- Open & collaborative
This job role will involve working around vulnerable people therefore your employer may be required to check whether you have a criminal record via the Disclosure and Barring Service (known as a DBS check). You will also be asked questions as part of our self disclosure section on the application form. We operate a fair recruitment process and do not discriminate. Any information you provide will be considered fairly and lawfully.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities company as are all the companies we work with. All applicants will be considered fairly and free from prejudice or discrimination.
We are very proud to say that we have signed the mental health at work commitment. We are passionate about mental health and we are dedicated to doing everything we can to promote mental well-being, support people who are struggling and break down the stigmas of mental health problems. We only work with companies who share our beliefs and care for their employees metal health and well-being.