Here at Osa Healthcare Recruitment we are committed to finding wonderful staff who share our values and are dedicated to providing professional, caring and high quality services. We want to find the right people the right role for them.
Job Title: Registered Manager
Location: Travel Required, Based in Warrington.
Length/Type of Post: Permanent, Full Time.
Our client provides non-invasive treatments for a range of mental health conditions. You will work with an expert team who are highly qualified and have a vast knowledge and experience of mental health conditions.
- To ensure that agreed quality assurances initiatives are implemented within the company.
- Liaise with social care regulators and local authorities to ensure satisfactory standards are maintained
- To become the person in charge responsible for the day-to-day running of the clinics
- To be the Information Governance Lead for the company
- To provide improvement, independence and choice for patients, making sure they are treated with dignity at all times.
- To comply with all regulatory requirements at all times and in particular the Regulations for the Registration and Inspection of outpatient clinics.
- To ensure policy and procedures are implemented and understood by all the staff to ensure the highest standard of care. Leadership
- To provide leadership to all staff in order to deliver the highest possible quality of care within a safe working environment.
- To be a good model for all employees, being approachable and providing a regular presence in the clinic as well as being consistent in all actions and decisions.
- To set and maintain clear standards of care within the clinic
- To ensure that staff selection processes for all applied thoroughly and that all candidates are treated professionally.
- To ensure all staff maintain the registration with their national bodies.
- To develop a culture of continuous quality improvement using the framework of clinical governance.
- To maintain a comprehensive induction process for all new employees to ensure they are effectively introduced to the clinic
- Ensure that NMC codes of professional conduct and other NMC guidelines relating to professional practices are followed at all times.
- Take responsibility and accountability for the delivery of professional, competent and high quality care.
- To conduct regular reviews with new employees during their probationary period and to always conduct a threes monthly review to confirm the appointment or extend the probation period.
- To ensure all staff are annually appraised and that required standards of performance are being achieved, to manage under-performance through objective setting and regular reviews, and that regular supervisions occur in line with company policy.
- To ensure complaints and suggestions are positively actioned and dealt with correctly.
- To identify individual training needs in line with the employee’s performance, arranging training and evaluating their effectiveness, and ensuring that staff have completed the required training each year.
- To hold regular staff, patient meetings to provide and receive feedback, and administer the questionnaires provided as part of the company’s
Quality Assurance Systems.
- To ensure that all patients have an up-date care plan, which is regularly evaluated and actively involves patients in the preparation.
- To ensure all risks associated with care is identified and correctly actioned.
- To regularly monitor the delivery of care given by all staff ensuring that the physical, social, psychological and emotional needs of the patients are recognised, assessed and met.
- To ensure the company and its processes are fully compliant with the Mental Capacity Act and that patients are empowered to make choices where able and where not best interest decisions are made on their behalf involving all those necessary.
- To ensure an active responsible clinician system for all the patients.
- To ensure the maintenance of the highest standards of care consistent with the requirements of CQC
- To arrange regular reviews with patients, relatives.
- To meet professional and legal responsibilities with regard to the storage, handling and administration of drugs.
- To ensure the protection and safety of patients at all times, which requires conducting regular health and safety checks and checks that the fire alarms systems are always fully functional.
- Obtain outstanding CQC inspection report within 2 years ofpost
- To understand the legal requirements of the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and the Regulations and other legislations and ensure the company complies with Essential Standards of Quality and Safety, and whatever legislation or relevant standards that maybe in force at anytime.
- To personally have a full understanding and working knowledge of all policies and procedures and ensure that all these policies are applied at all times.
- To be responsible for completing the staff rota and ensuring that the staffing ratio meets the needs of the patients.
- To ensure that all annual leave requests are co-ordinated to prevent disruption in the clinic.
- To control sickness absence by always conducting back to work interviews and correctly applying company policy.
- To carry out the duties of “The Responsible Officer” and ensure that the company compiles with all statutory obligations and relevant legislation (e.g. environmental health, health & safety and fire regulations). To meet professional and legal responsibilities with Health and Safety issues and ensure that all monitoring requirements are met.
- Promote a positive customer care orientated environment and ensure all staff are familiar with the company complaints procedure
- To remain professionally updated and ensure care in all areas is delivered in line with the latest research to promote evidence based practice.
- To participate with recruitment, selection and retention of staff.
- To liaise effectively with Head Office Departments, building good working relationships, as required for the good operation of the Home.
- To ensure that all patient finances are up to date accurate records kept
- To ensure the security and confidentially of records and information relating to the service.
- To ensure that staff hours are recorded and sent to payroll on time.
- To attend Manager’s Meetings or other meetings as and when required by Head Office.
- To establish and maintain good relationships with relatives and friends of the patient, purchases, referring agencies, the local community and any other parties with whom the company has dealings.
- To report within 24 hours of its occurrence any serious incident which affects the wellbeing of the patient to the Registration Authority and other relevant bodies.
- To inform the Registration Authority of all deaths within 24 hours, and other relevant notifications that must be made to either CQC or funding bodies.
- To welcome and be courteous to all visitors to the clinic at all times.
- As required to attend meetings with Directors to discuss the overall management of the clinic.
- To carry out audits where required and manage and complete any quality assurances required by the company.
Any other duties that may reasonably fall within the scope of this post, as may be required from time to time.
Type of candidate that we are looking for
- Registered Mental Health Nurse with valid NMC PIN number.
- Ideally have previous experience in management or some sort of leadership role.
What our client is offering the successful candidate
- Supportive Team with strong expertise
- Excellent working environment
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
This job role will involve working around vulnerable people therefore your employer may be required to check whether you have a criminal record via the Disclosure and Barring Service (known as a DBS check). You will also be asked questions as part of our self disclosure section on the application form. We operate a fair recruitment process and do not discriminate. Any information you provide will be considered fairly and lawfully.
Due to the nature of our work applicants must be aged 18 or over.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities company as are all the companies we work with. All applicants will be considered fairly and free from prejudice or discrimination.
We are very proud to say that we have signed the mental health at work commitment. We are passionate about mental health and we are dedicated to doing everything we can to promote mental well-being, support people who are struggling and break down the stigmas of mental health problems. We only work with companies who share our beliefs and care for their employees metal health and well-being.