Here at Osa Healthcare Recruitment we are committed to finding wonderful staff who share our values and are dedicated to providing professional, caring and high quality services. We want to find the right people the right role for them.
Job Title: Registered Manager
Length/Type of Post: Permanent
Osa Healthcare Recruitment are supporting our client, a growing domiciliary care provider based in Bradley Stoke, Bristol to recruit a Registered Manager to take over the day to day running of the business with a view to working alongside the directors to grow and develop the service.
Our Client puts a real focus on person centred care and has an excellent reputation among the communities that they serve, they are immensely proud of the quality of care they provide.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Domiciliary Care Registered Manager with a passion for caring to join us. As our Registered Manager, you will be responsible for the growth and development of our care service ensuring the delivery of outstanding quality care.
Responsible for the day-to-day running of the domiciliary care service
- To ensure that the aims and objectives of the company are achieved.
- To ensure that National Minimum Standards for Domiciliary Care Agencies are implemented and complied with.
- To ensure CQC regulations are complied with and CQC standards are met.
- To ensure all care is assessed, planned, allocated, delivered and evaluated in line with company policy and CQC regulations.
- To conduct risk assessments ensuring compliance with relevant legal and regulatory requirements and agree appropriate risk control measures to reduce identified risks.
- To ensure that each client receives care appropriate to their individual needs.
- To ensure safe and effective delivery of care at all times.
- To be responsible for the recruitment, interviewing, appointment, induction, training, supervision, assessment, deployment and retention of staff.
- Manage all aspects of the staff team and provide sound leadership to ensure staff are clear about their respective duties and responsibilities and have the support they need to carry out their roles safely.
- To ensure staff training needs are identified and addressed.
- To promote a positive team culture in line with the company's ethos and values.
- To motivate the team to deliver the best quality care.
- To ensure successful operation of quality control systems and perform quality assurance visits.
- To carry out management audits to ensure compliance with regulations and stake holder requirements.
- To ensure that all computerised and manual records are accurate and kept up to date at all times.
- To effectively manage any complaints and incidents, carrying out investigations relating to the quality of the service and using these findings to initiate improvements.
- To continually review and improve our processes to ensure the most effective and efficient service is delivered at all times.
- To undertake safeguarding procedures when the need arises.
- To liaise with clients, relatives, social workers, commissioners, CQC and other stakeholders.
- To prepare management reports as required by the company and outside stakeholders.
- To work within agreed budgets to ensure profitability of the business.
- To actively participate in the growth and development of the business.
- To assist in the identification and development of a suitable deputy.
- Networking in the local community to raise awareness of the service.
- Attend external meetings and represent the service in a positive manner.
- Work with the Directors of the company to achieve sales targets and deliver within budget.
- To maintain effective relationships with local authorities, NHS Continuing Healthcare and other stakeholders
** This list is not exhaustive and from time to time you may be required to undertake additional duties. We will provide full training in line with regulatory requirements.
Type of candidate that we are looking for
This is a varied and challenging role so we are looking for an individual who:
Has a proven track record in providing the highest quality of service.
Is experienced in leading a team to provide good quality domiciliary care services.
Has Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care or equivalent.
Has the ability to build fantastic working relationships.
Has strong influencing skills and is commercially aware.
Has the drive and motivation to develop our care services.
Has strong organisation and planning skills.
Is flexible to meet the demands of the business.
Has a full UK Driving licence and access to a vehicle (essential)
This role will play a vital part in ensuring that our clients receive the best quality care and will make a real difference to the people we work with.
This is a full-time permanent role (40 hours/week) which requires some out of office hours work
- Must be flexible
- Must be organised
- Must be self-motivated
- Must be passionate about providing the best care possible
- Must possess a drive to succeed.
- Must be computer literate
- Must be commercially aware with an ability to develop the service and build great relationships internally and externally.
- Must have a good understanding of the regulatory responsibilities of a Registered Manager and the law relating to domiciliary care services.
- Must have knowledge of health and safety matters in relation to homecare services and risk management.
- Must have knowledge and a good understanding of how to recognise abuse and implement safeguarding procedures.
- Good standard of education is essential
- Good literacy and numeracy skills essential
- Must hold or be working towards NVQ Level 5 in Leadership in Health and Social Care or equivalent
- Must have a good understanding and knowledge of CQC legislation
- Previous management experience within a care environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Good assessment skills and care planning skills
- Good negotiation skills, leadership and people management skills
- Able to cope with pressure
- Able to cope with change
- Committed to empowering services users
- This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS
Must have full UK Driving Licence and access to own car
What our client is offering the successful candidate
We offer an attractive salary and a fantastic career development opportunity.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities company as are all the companies we work with. All applicants will be considered fairly and free from prejudice or discrimination.
We are very proud to say that we have signed the mental health at work commitment. We are passionate about mental health and we are dedicated to doing everything we can to promote mental well-being, support people who are struggling and break down the stigmas of mental health problems. We only work with companies who share our beliefs and care for their employees metal health and well-being.