Here at Osa Healthcare Recruitment we are committed to finding wonderful staff who share our values and are dedicated to providing professional, caring and high quality services. We want to find the right people the right role for them.
Job Title: Service Manager
Length/Type of Post: Permanent, Full Time.
This is a challenging yet exciting and rewarding post, offering the opportunity to bring passion and enthusiasm to a large disability charity in the UK, making a real difference to the lives of all the residents. You will receive a healthy retention bonus of up to £4k for staying for 12 months as well as many other benefits both financially and personally. You will love working with a great team locally and nationally
Reporting to the Operations Manager and getting support from a friendly local team, you will provide clear direction and be responsible for the day to day management of the service, This include management and supervision of a great staff team ensuring clinical oversight and well being of our residents.
Key responsibilities will include managing a budget in line with occupancy and health & safety management to fulfil our statutory obligations. You will implement systems and procedures designed to promote positive outcomes for people living with a disability, ensuring a flexible, proactive approach whilst meeting the desired outcomes of the people we support.
You will also manage the recruitment, selection and on-going training, development and performance of all staff in the service, to ensure achievement of compliance with RISCA for this care setting.
Type of candidate that we are looking for
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care or equivalent and be clinically qualified and hold clinical registration and be registered with a professional body ideally the NMC
- Experience in managing nursing and care teams in a residential setting
- Experience of managing a range of different departments such as therapies, transport, catering, administration, care and maintenance (desirable).
- Registration for this service following successful appointment.
- Strong people and communication skills.
- Exemplary customer service and a commitment to promoting the Welsh language
- Ability to provide budgetary compliance.
What our client is offering the successful candidate
- An excellent contributory company pension scheme with competitive life cover benefit.
• Substantial and flexible annual leave, with the option to buy or sell (salary sacrifice).
• Discounted tariffs with 02.
• Access to great savings and discounts with major UK retailers.
• Access to cash health plan at very favourable rates.
• Access to cycle-to-work benefits (salary sacrifice).
• Comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme.
• Free DBS - Disclosure check
This job role will involve working around vulnerable people therefore your employer may be required to check whether you have a criminal record via the Disclosure and Barring Service (known as a DBS check). You will also be asked questions as part of our self disclosure section on the application form. We operate a fair recruitment process and do not discriminate. Any information you provide will be considered fairly and lawfully.
Due to the nature of our work applicants must be aged 18 or over.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities company as are all the companies we work with. All applicants will be considered fairly and free from prejudice or discrimination.
We are very proud to say that we have signed the mental health at work commitment. We are passionate about mental health and we are dedicated to doing everything we can to promote mental well-being, support people who are struggling and break down the stigmas of mental health problems. We only work with companies who share our beliefs and care for their employees metal health and well-being.