Here at Osa Healthcare Recruitment we are committed to finding wonderful staff who share our values and are dedicated to providing professional, caring and high quality services. We want to find the right people the right role for them.
Job Title: Technician- Support Worker
Location: Cardiff or Glasgow
Length/Type of Post: Permanent, Full Time.
Our client provides non-invasive treatments for a range of mental health conditions. You will work with an expert team who are highly qualified and have a vast knowledge and experience of mental health conditions.
- To ensure that agreed quality assurances initiatives are adhered to within the clinic.
- Liaise with social care regulators and local authorities when required to ensure effective patient care
- To become the person in charge responsible for the day-to-day running of the clinic
- To report to a senior member of the team if there are any concerns regarding the running of the clinic or any individual patient concerns.
- To provide improvement, independence and choice for patients, making sure they are treated with dignity at all times.
- To comply with all regulatory requirements at all times and in particular the Regulations for the Registration and Inspection of outpatient clinics.
- To ensure policy and procedures understood by yourself to ensure the highest standard of care.
- To ensure that all patients have an up-date care plan, which is regularly evaluated and actively involves patients in the preparation.
- To ensure all risks associated with care is identified and correctly actioned.
- To arrange regular reviews with patients, relatives.
- To ensure the protection and safety of patients at all times, which requires conducting regular health and safety checks and checks that the fire alarms systems are always fully functional.
- To personally have a full understanding and working knowledge of policies and procedures and ensure that all these policies are applied at all times.
- Promote a positive patient care orientated environment and you are familiar with the company complaints procedure
- To remain professionally updated and ensure care in all areas is delivered in line with the latest research to promote evidence based practice.
- To liaise effectively with Head Office Departments, building good working relationships, as required for the good operation of the clinic.
- To ensure the security and confidentially of records and information relating to the service.
- To establish and maintain good relationships with relatives and friends of the patient, purchases, referring agencies, the local community and any other parties with whom our client has dealings.
- To report immediately of its occurrence any serious incident which affects the wellbeing of the patient to the Registered Manager.
- To welcome and be courteous to all visitors to the clinic at all times.
- As required to attend meetings with Directors/Registered Manager to discuss the overall management of the clinic.
Type of candidate that we are looking for
- Experience of a similar role.
- Patient, caring and friendly attitude.
What our client is offering the successful candidate
- Supportive Team with strong expertise
- Excellent working environment
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working
This job role will involve working around vulnerable people therefore your employer may be required to check whether you have a criminal record via the Disclosure and Barring Service (known as a DBS check). You will also be asked questions as part of our self disclosure section on the application form. We operate a fair recruitment process and do not discriminate. Any information you provide will be considered fairly and lawfully.
Due to the nature of our work applicants must be aged 18 or over.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities company as are all the companies we work with. All applicants will be considered fairly and free from prejudice or discrimination.
We are very proud to say that we have signed the mental health at work commitment. We are passionate about mental health and we are dedicated to doing everything we can to promote mental well-being, support people who are struggling and break down the stigmas of mental health problems. We only work with companies who share our beliefs and care for their employees metal health and well-being.