Here at Osa Healthcare Recruitment we are committed to finding wonderful staff who share our values and are dedicated to providing professional, caring and high quality services. We want to find the right people the right role for them.
Job Title: Support Worker
Length/Type of Post: Permanent, Full Time.
Salary: £9.70 - £10 Per Hour. £60 Per Sleep In.
Our client is driven to changing children’s’ lives for the better by providing best-in-class specialist services. They are proud to have been awarded the Investors in People Gold standard. They are looking for residential support workers to join their team. 'Professional parents’ who are nurturing and supportive, that can give our children, high levels of care and allow them to achieve amazing outcomes. The role is to promote and encourage independence and life skills for young people, ensuring that their safety and wellbeing underpins every decision made.
- Contributing to the young person’s care plans and risk assessments, their review and implementation.
- Forming effective relationships with young people, their families (if appropriate) and external agencies.
- Ensure the home is kept clean and in a tidy condition, adhere to the cleaning rota system, encouraging the young people to participate as appropriate.
- Ensure that good quality records are maintained as required with supervision and advice from shift and Managers.
- Maintain and promote residential care work to high levels of professionalism expected by the company and Ofsted.
- Contribute to the educational and social development of each young person and assist in the implementation of Individual Education Programs.
- Meet the emotional and physical needs of our young people and maximize opportunities for their development.
Type of candidate that we are looking for
- Level 3 Diploma in Children and Young People or equivalent (desirable)
- 2 Years Experience in a childcare setting (desirable)
- Passion to help nurture young people
- Be able to work shift patterns including sleep ins (Rota pattern given in advance - likely to be 2 on 4 off)
- Full driving licence
- All candidates must be over the age of 21
- Experience of working with children with Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties who can present challenging behaviour
What our client is offering the successful candidate
- Enrolment onto the fully funded Level 3 Children and Young People’s Workforce qualification
- Fantastic opportunities for career development
- Great rates of pay plus £60 per sleep in
- Access to our 'Refer a Friend’ scheme
- Monthly recognition awards
- Access to "Perkbox"
- Free parking
- 243 hours per annum holiday
- SSP for sickness
- Opportunity to make a real difference to a child's life!
This job role will involve working around vulnerable people therefore your employer may be required to check whether you have a criminal record via the Disclosure and Barring Service (known as a DBS check). You will also be asked questions as part of our self disclosure section on the application form. We operate a fair recruitment process and do not discriminate. Any information you provide will be considered fairly and lawfully.
Due to the nature of our work applicants must be aged 18 or over.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities company as are all the companies we work with. All applicants will be considered fairly and free from prejudice or discrimination.
We are very proud to say that we have signed the mental health at work commitment. We are passionate about mental health and we are dedicated to doing everything we can to promote mental well-being, support people who are struggling and break down the stigmas of mental health problems. We only work with companies who share our beliefs and care for their employees metal health and well-being.