Osa Heathcare Recruitment are looking for experienced Support staff to work in a Learning Disabilities supported living facility.
Applicants should have experience with Learning Disabilities, Challenging behaviours or a willingness to undertake initial training and be able to drive/have own car.
Reporting to: Team Leader and Registered Manager
Main purpose of the job:
To provide practical and emotional support to the service users and assist in their daily living for them to be as independent as possible.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To ensure that a safe, caring and homely environment for service users is maintained which will allow and encourage them to develop to their full potential
- To report to the Senior Support Worker, Deputy Manager or Home Manager (as applicable) on your observations on service users mental, physical, spiritual and social well being.
- To assist in the administration of medications in accordance with legal requirements and the policies and procedures of the company.
- To assist Senior Care Workers in their key workers role with individual service users.
- To assist and encourage them in maintaining good personal hygiene and appearance.
- To assist service users, as required, with their personal hygiene and care such as dental hygiene, bathing or washing and dressing, dealing with incontinence if appropriate.
- To ensure that they are awakened and prepared to attend their day time activities i.e. day centres, appointments, training etc.
- To assist service users with their laundry and general tidying of their rooms.
- To assist and encourage them in keeping their clothes and personal belongings in a reasonably tidy and clean manner.
- To ensure that handovers are accurately received and given, ensuring that all necessary documentation is written before the end of the shift such as the message book and the service user’s daily notes and all such documents are read at the commencement of shift.
- To ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- To ensure that all work related problems / issues, whether personal or service user orientated, are discussed with the home manager.
- To liaise with other professionals as and when necessary regarding service users.
- To supervise and assist at mealtimes.
- To ensure the environment is safe and secure; and to be fully conversant in all company policies and procedures such as fire procedures, health and safety, violence, correct medication etc.
- To ensure emergency procedures are known and are adhered to when necessary.
- To ensure that the layout of the buildings including fire exits, fire call points, smoke detectors, fire equipment and fire control panels are known.
- To ensure the reporting of any occurrences or concerns that may put service users, staff or visitors at risks, in regards to the home environment.
- To ensure all communal areas are tidy and safe.
- To ensure all kitchen areas are kept clean and tidy. Ensure all fridges are switched on and are closed properly.
- To ensure laundry room is kept clean and tidy ensuring that the guidelines for the usage of the machines are adhered to.
- To assist with the induction of new staff.
- To act responsibly with regards to other staffs’ well being.
- To participate in staff meetings, training and teaching sessions.