Osa Healthcare Recruitment are supporting our client to recruit an experienced, energetic and passionate activity Co Ordinator for a brand new nursing home.
Set in 7 acres of garden, the home has been completely refurbished to a high standard. The new owners are seeking experienced & dedicated staff to become part of an outstanding team providing the highest level of support & compassionate care to residents.
To creatively develop, organise & oversee an active living activity programme for each resident which supports mobility, social contact, independence & fun so each & every one of our residents can thrive & live to their full potential.
Duties & Responsibility
- Collaborate with nursing & other senior staff to carry out an assessment of the strengths & capabilities of residents in regard to activities of daily living
- Ensure the home has appropriate & adequate stock of equipment including all arts & crats materials & a variety of games, sensory equipment & musical instruments & that are accessible to residents.
- Ensure that any risk assessments have been carried out prior to any new planned activity or event
- Maintain & update appropriate records of resident assessments & participation
- Take a dynamic & confident lead to promote the benefits of activities by contributing ideas to the Senior Team
- Ensure varied & imaginative weekly planners incorporate a person-centred approach to ‘mind, body & soul’ activities & is displayed in communal areas
- Build relationships with residents & families to gather life story information and ensuring care plans are developed & updated accordingly
- Organise & attend residents/relatives & other relevant meetings as required
- Responsible for the safe handling of money and proper accounting
- Work with the Registered Manager & Administrator to lead the creation of a home newsletter which will be developed at the start of each quarter & made publicly available on the intranet
- Work with the Registered Manager & Administrator to ensure that the home website provides a true refection of the ‘lived’ experience in the home is up to date with authorised images, planned & held events
- Work with the Registered Manager & Administrator to maintain a strong community engagement plan that connects our residents with local people, charitable groups, businesses & clubs In conjunction with Home Manager, networking and sharing PR stories within the local community to raise the profile of the brand/company.
- Confidently seek community initiatives encouraging resident’s participation to include fundraising if appropriate
- Devise simple & safe activities which encourage movement & maintain joint flexibility & the functional use of hands & fingers
- Devise daily person-centred activities to incorporate mind, body & soul
- Organise activities to operate in different areas within the home
- Consider planning early morning activities &/or evening activities if the need is evident or requested
- Organise a creative range of themed events that recognise & celebrate annual, national, local & home events, dates or celebrations – working alongside the Head Chef
- Work with the senior team to ensure that residents have full access to the home’s minibus & that it is used regularly for activities away from the home
- Ensure mandatory training is up to date
- Show skill & creativity in order to identify areas in which residents can demonstrate independence
- Contribute to the activities program audit
- Attend & contribute to Activities & Community Engagement meetings
- Enthusiastically promote activities that enhance the lived experience in the home whilst also supporting cultural values, individuality & religious diversity of our residents
- Liaise with the Administrator to be fully aware & work within the home’s activities budget
- Work on a rota basis to that activities can be provided to our residents across the 7-day week to include early mornings & evenings if the need arises
- Adhere to local Safeguarding policy & follow the Duty of Candour requirements
- Be willing to undertake training to further enhance & develop skills within the role
Bank holiday & weekend working
Early morning & evening working as planned if appropriate to meet planned activities or requests
Job title of positions to be directly supervised
The company subscribes to Well Led
- Strong & effective leadership
- A supportive & values driven culture
- Encouraging teams to work together
- Stable management
- Open & collaborative
What we will offer you in return?
- A competitive salary package
- Holiday pay
- An employee well-being package