Here at Osa Healthcare Recruitment we are committed to finding wonderful staff who share our values and are dedicated to providing professional, caring and high-quality services. We want to find the right people the right role for them.
Job Title: Care Supervisor
Length/Type of Post: Permanent
Hours: 40 Per Week
Our client offers Supported Living and Domiciliary care to individuals. They offer help with clinical attention, respite and assistance with domestic duties amongst other things. They know everyone has different needs, so offer flexible personalised care packages.
Purpose of role
To support Deputy and Registered Manager to provide exceptional care to service users of Support Living and Domiciliary Care Services.
To support service users to enjoy the best quality of life that they can in the comfort of their own homes. Compassion, good communication and organisational skills together with a calm and caring manner are vital for this important role in our company.
Develop and supervise a team of care workers to provide high quality care that is safe, effective, and responsive to each service user’s needs and preferences. Support each service user to live their life the way that they choose as far as they are able. Respect service users’ choices and always promote their dignity and privacy.
Work well with service users
- Prior to each service commencing, carry out with service users, and / or their chosen representatives, an assessment of what the service user needs and what they would like to achieve from their care and support and carry out a risk assessment.
- Create and agree a written, person centred care and support plans that respects the service user’s wishes and promotes their dignity and privacy. Agree appropriate risk management measures to reduce identified risks.
- Review care and support plans to keep them up to date and relevant.
- Provide the service user and, where appropriate, their representatives with information about the service so that they are clear about what to expect and how they can raise any concerns.
- Keep all information about service users and their families secure and confidential.
- Welfare Officer
- Social Networking
- Maintaining literatureE.G.company newsletters and website
Work well with staff
- Give care workers appropriate information and guidance to provide care and support effectively and safely as agreed in the care and support plan
- Work with the Deputy Manager to appropriately match care workers to service users. Attend the service user's initial calls to introduce the care workers. Report changes to care schedules without delay to the Deputy Manager, service user and care worker.
- Assist with recruiting new staff
- Provide advice, training, supervision, and other support to Care Workers as required.
- Take part in the out of hours emergency on-call rota as and when required. Effectively deal with emergency on-call issues, for example covering calls indirectly when Care Workers are sick or absent by quickly referring to the Deputy Manager. Record emergency calls and pass the information to appropriate parties.
- Assist with investigations relating to the quality of the service and improvement actions.
- Monitor the performance of care workers and carry out quality reviews at the service user’s home to make sure the service is delivered in line with company procedures.
- Always apply Care policies and procedures and make sure accidents and incidents are recorded, reported, and acted upon.
- Ensure that care and support is provided in line with regulatory requirements.
- Work effectively with service users, their families and representatives, other social and health care professionals and managers and staff to deliver high quality homecare services.
- Take part in staff and service user meetings
- Attend training activities, appraisals, and development meetings.
This list is not exhaustive and from time to time you may be required to undertake additional duties. We will provide full training in line with regulatory requirements
Type of candidate that we are looking for.
|Caring and compassionate towards people in need of care and support|
|Respect for people suffering from a range of medical conditions with different backgrounds and beliefs to your own, commitment to non-discriminatory care practice|
|Commitment to always respecting the rights of service users and to promoting their privacy, dignity and independence|
|Self-motivated and keen to learn. Willing to seek guidance when needed and to follow instructions|
|Excellent timekeeper, reliable and flexible|
|Professional, smart appearance
|Knowledge and understanding|
|Good understanding of the needs of people who require care and support at home|
|Knowledge of effective care and support planning that is centred on the individual needs and wishes of each service user|
|Minimum NVQ L3 or equivalent|
|Knowledge of what confidentiality means in relation to homecare services and why this is important|
|Good understanding of health and safety matters in relation to homecare services and of the risk assessment process|
|Sound understanding of the principles of good care practice
|Experience and skills|
|Experience of communicating clearly and building positive working relationships with people who use social care services and social and health care professionals|
|Ability to support service users with all aspects of their daily living in a manner that respects their dignity, is non-judgmental and promotes their independence, choices and privacy|
|Minimum 3 years’ experience of working in the care industry, one of which should be in Domiciliary care.|
|Skills in care and risk assessments and writing care and support plans|
|Ability to plan and organise workloads effectively so that service users receive the services that they expect|
|Ability to use own initiative and work alone and as part of a team especially in an emergency|
|Good administrative skills and computer literacy|
|Ability to lead and manage a team of care workers and provide appropriate support, guidance and training|
|Ability to maintain clear written records and follow statutory reporting procedures|
|Ability and willingness to follow Clover Health and Home Care’s policies, procedures and instructions|
|Willingness to work flexibly and to keep knowledge and skills up to date
Willingness to do the train the trainer courses
|This role will require you to obtain an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service|
|Full drivers licence with no more than 6 points and Class 1 business insurance|
|Experience of supervising the delivery of social care services|
|Previous experience of risk assessment and person- centred care and support planning|
|Knowledge of how to recognise abuse and safeguarding procedures|
What our client is offering the successful candidate
- Competitive Salary
- Free Training
This job role will involve working around vulnerable people therefore your employer may be required to check whether you have a criminal record via the Disclosure and Barring Service (known as a DBS check). You will also be asked questions as part of our self disclosure section on the application form. We operate a fair recruitment process and do not discriminate. Any information you provide will be considered fairly and lawfully.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities company as are all the companies we work with. All applicants will be considered fairly and free from prejudice or discrimination.
We are very proud to say that we have signed the mental health at work commitment. We are passionate about mental health and we are dedicated to doing everything we can to promote mental well-being, support people who are struggling and break down the stigmas of mental health problems. We only work with companies who share our beliefs and care for their employees metal health and well-being.