Here at Osa Healthcare Recruitment we are committed to finding wonderful staff who share our values and are dedicated to providing professional, caring and high quality services. We want to find the right people the right role for them.
Job Title: Domiciliary Healthcare Assistant
Location: Chippenham or Bristol
Length/Type of Post: Permanent
Salary: £8.91-£10 per hour
Hours: Various full and part time
Our client provides care to individuals in their own homes. They offer help with clinical attention, respite and assistance with domestic duties amongst other things. They know everyone has different needs, so offer flexible personalised care packages.
To provide care in accordance with best practice and legislative requirements. Delivering care in a person-centred way that is unique to each individual and ensuring service users are supported and enabled to remain independent and keep personal interests.
- Ensure Service Users are at the heart of the care delivery and their wishes and preferences enhance their well-being.
- To contribute to the efficient running of the service
- Support Service Users to maintain their relationships and connections with the local community.
- Ensure care plans and other information about how to support service users are followed.
- Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of those individuals they support.
- Develop effective working relationships with other employees and the wider team.
- Work in Co – Operation with members of the Multi-Disciplinary team to maximise opportunities for service users.
- Have a knowledge of and work within, the Fundamental standards
- Understand the regulatory framework that governs the service, including the role of the CQC and their requirements.
- Duties will include aspects of personal care to allow Clients to maintain their personal hygiene, appearance and physical comfort
- Assisting in the preparation and making of meals, drink and snacks, enabling people who use our services to maintain a good level of nutrition and hydration
- To provide assistance with other tasks of daily living which may include cleaning and maintaining the cleanliness of their environment, shopping, laundry and bill paying
- To assist Clients to take medication as identified in their care plan and depending on the level of training received by the individual Carer.
- Participate in team meetings, staff events, attend any training provided by the company and reviews as required
- To work as part of a team with colleagues and work closely with other agencies involved with the Clients care for example District Nurses and contribute to the effectiveness of the wider team
- To work in accordance with the weekly work schedule and maintain timely records such as communication sheets and MAR Charts in a clear, legible and professional manner
- To provide social support, talking and listening to the Client, helping them to maintain contact with friends and family and other contacts in potentially isolating situations
- To contribute to the safe moving and handling of Clients to maximise their physical abilities and mobility
- Act on own initiative and exercise decision making skills, as far as possible and wherever appropriate and develop knowledge and good practice
This job description is not intended to be exhaustive and may be revised from time to time to reflect the changing needs of the client.
Type of candidate that we are looking for
- Have the desire to make a difference.
- Have the desire to make service users feel safe, valued and nurtured.
- Have an ability to work autonomously with diligence, consistency and enthusiasm.
- Have passion and energy for delivering quality care.
- Be an excellent role model and have the ability to motivate and influence others.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work on your own initiative and be a well-integrated team member.
- Willingness to participate in continuing professional development
- Flexible and positive approach to work patterns/schedules and business needs
- Excellent punctuality, reliability and a strong desire to accomplish operational goals and objectives
- Caring, friendly and empathetic approach to client group with the ability to build professional relationships
- Ability to remain calm and collective in a difficult and pressurised situation Able to demonstrate good organisational and time management skills
- Have a good, solid level of both Maths and English.
- Be able to problem solve and be solution focused.
- Be able to work as part of a team.
- Be able to build rapport with both colleagues and service users.
- Be able to drive and have access to own car.
- Experience in work duties similar to the above job description.
Whilst prior experience is not essential as training can be provided, it is important you understand your reason for entering a care profession. Whilst the job can be highly rewarding it can also be demanding both physically and emotionally.
What our client is offering the successful candidate
- Competitive hourly rate
- Travel time between visits paid at minimum wage
- Mileage costs
- Holiday Pay
- Pension Contributions
- Supportive environment and regular supervision
- Opportunity to develop and career progression.
- Rewarding job role.
This job role will involve working around vulnerable people therefore your employer may be required to check whether you have a criminal record via the Disclosure and Barring Service (known as a DBS check). You will also be asked questions as part of our self disclosure section on the application form. We operate a fair recruitment process and do not discriminate. Any information you provide will be considered fairly and lawfully.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities company as are all the companies we work with. All applicants will be considered fairly and free from prejudice or discrimination.
We are very proud to say that we have signed the mental health at work commitment, we are passionate about mental health and we are dedicated to doing everything we can to promote mental well-being, support people who are struggling and break down the stigmas of mental health problems. We only work with companies who share our beliefs and care for their employees metal health and well-being.