Here at Osa Healthcare Recruitment we are committed to finding wonderful staff who share our values and are dedicated to providing professional, caring and high quality services. We want to find the right people the right role for them.
Job Title: Domiciliary Healthcare Assistant
Length/Type of Post: Permanent
Our client offers a high quality service for people living in their own homes. The company is run by two registered nurses, with over 40 years’ experience in both general and Mental Health Care, who believe that by matching the right carers to each individual and personalising the care provided they can enable the service users to pursue a life that’s as full, happy and interesting as possible.
To provide high quality care to all service users and to encourage/assist them to live as independent a life as possible. To be supportive and sensitive when delivering care ensuring all service users are treated with respect and dignity at all times and that they are aware of their rights, choices and options available to them. Your duties will vary from each service user to the next as you will be following an individual care plan designed solely for them.
- To undertake all duties that are outlined in the service users care plan
- To maintain good communication and develop good working relationships
- To adhere to home care policies and procedures
- To travel to Service Users as directed.
- To carry out personal and caring tasks that are not the responsibility of a Nurse but which could normally be expected to be undertaken by a member of the family.
- To encourage and motivate Service Users to maintain their independence bearing in mind their capabilities and limitations.
- To report to the Registered Manager/Care coordinator on the condition of the Service User, particularly any significant change in the Service User’s behaviour, needs or circumstances.
- To use special equipment provided to assist Service Users, as directed in individual care plans.
- To support clients with contacting a Doctor, Emergency Services or making appointments when needed.
- To support service users with administration of medication in accordance with our medication policy.
- To prepare and cook meals in the Service User’s home.
- To assist with the budgeting of household accounts, shopping and paying bills when this cannot be undertaken by others.
- To write/read letters if required by Service Users.
- To assist in the cleaning of an exceptionally dirty home when required.
- To undertake domestic tasks to support the service user to maintain a good quality of life.
- To complete all administrative documents accurately.
- To attend meetings and report if necessary on the condition of Service Users.
Type of candidate that we are looking for
|Qualification||Willing to work towards common induction standards and care certificate
Willing to work towards a NVQ level 2 /3/4
|Achieved NVQ Level 2 Health and Social Care
Specialist Care Training
|Experience||Understanding of social care and be willing to learn||Experience of working in care with a care company
Experience in care looking after friends/family
|Skills/Attributes||Able to understand and cope with emergency situations
Be open minded
Excellent communication skills
Able to cope with change
Able to cope under pressure
Good Organisation skills
Ability to maintain confidentiality
Have a caring, kind nature and being able to show empathy
|Working knowledge of the Domiciliary Care industry and Surrounding regulations and legislation
Understanding of Regulatory Body functions and requirements
Commitment to own professional and personal development
|Any Additional Requirements||Job offer is subject to relevant checks including an Enhanced DBS
Car Drivers to provide copy of full drivers’ licence and insurance documentation
What our client is offering the successful candidate
- Competitive Hourly Rate
- Millage costs covered
This job role will involve working around vulnerable people therefore your employer may be required to check whether you have a criminal record via the Disclosure and Barring Service (known as a DBS check). You will also be asked questions as part of our self disclosure section on the application form. We operate a fair recruitment process and do not discriminate. Any information you provide will be considered fairly and lawfully.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities company as are all the companies we work with. All applicants will be considered fairly and free from prejudice or discrimination.
We are very proud to say that we have signed the mental health at work commitment We are passionate about mental health and we are dedicated to doing everything we can to promote mental well-being, support people who are struggling and break down the stigmas of mental health problems. We only work with companies who share our beliefs and care for employees metal health and well-being.