Osa Healthcare Recruitment is supporting our client to recruit experienced and dedicated staff to become part of their outstanding team. The home, set in 7 acres of garden has been completely refurbished to a high standard and providing the highest level of support & compassionate care to residents.
The estate manager will play an integral and important part of our team. They will oversee the upkeep and day-to-day running of the Home and Estate, ensuring the highest of standards are maintained to promote comfort, safety and wellbeing of our residents by ensuring that their home and the plant (& equipment) within are always maintained and fully functional. The Estates Manager will ensure that all records are maintained in accordance with regulation and legislation, supervise staff and contractors, manage budgets and events.
Duties and Responsibilities
Quality and Regulation
- The implementation and ongoing management of the Property Inspection Record and other Property Maintenance Manuals, ensuring all checks are conducted and recorded as prescribed in the documentation. External contractors, whilst on site are the responsibility of the Head of Maintenance.
- To deliver agreed actions within approved timescales, as detailed on the central action plan (CAP).
- Work with the RM to ensure the Home meets all regulatory and statutory requirements including CQC, fire, health and safety, COSHH, and compliance with the appropriate Acts. Ensure associated Department risk assessments are undertaken and recorded.
- Conduct and record all checks as prescribed in the Fire Safety Logbook, manage the file and follow-up on all defects and shortfalls.
- Ensure all electrical appliances are subjected to a Portable Appliance Test annually and retain certification. All electrical appliances subsequently brought into the home by residents, relatives and any other persons are checked and tagged "safe for use".
- Form part of the homes Health & Safety Committee. Attend all H&S meetings, raise and follow-up on all property related issues.
- Complete all mandatory maintenance training.
- Act in the capacity of Head of Department. Liaise and meet with the Registered Manager regularly. Inform RM of any issues affecting resident wellbeing or disruption to services.
- Ensure that the home remains fully functional and the building and equipment therein are maintained to a high standard and always remain operational.
- The daily employment, training & development of any additional maintenance persons in the team, including their induction e.g. Gardener
- Ensure that the necessary maintenance and repair tasks and defects are investigated and completed; take all maintenance issues to at least the first level before escalating (investigation, fault finding, repair, etc).
- Ensure that the buildings and grounds are maintained in good order and to the company standards, that decorative and cleanliness standards are maintained.
- Promote a regular walk around the home with the RM to check the home is commercially attractive, fully functional and free of defects.
- Support the Capital Investment process, act as point of contact for projects on site, liaise with external contractors and as necessary and take responsibility for the successful outcome of the work.
- Prepare, review, and implement annual budgets for the estate, ensuring the budget is approved and demands are issued on time.
- Generate purchase orders and authorise payment of all invoices for works associated with the service charge for the estate.
- Undertake regular income & expenditure reviews of expenditure versus budget to ensure the financial health of the estate.
- Adhere to the local safeguarding policy and follow the Duty of Candour requirements
- Attend home operational meetings, as necessary.
- Report defects or issues unable to repair which compromise residents’ comfort or residents/ staff safety to the Registered Manager or seek specialist repair via nominated external contractors.
- Ensure the outside of the building, grounds and gardens are maintained to a high standard of repair and aesthetic condition and remain safe for pedestrian and vehicle access.
- Maintain the office, workshop and plant rooms in an orderly and clean condition.
- Organise and retain all records and files relating to the maintenance department and ensure all tools and equipment are maintained and always safely secured.
- Assist with induction of staff. Keep a record of all instructions given as required by the Registered Manager.
- Liaise with & ensure safe conduct of contractors whilst on site, ensuring high quality of workmanship, safe working standards and a value for money service. Scrutinise all quotes and worksheets to ensure costs are transparent and fair.
- Ensure nominated suppliers and contractors are used wherever possible and all work is conducted in compliance to the specifications of the company.
- Ensure that all work undertaken (in-house or external contractors) is with full consideration to the comfort, security and sensitivities of the residents.
- When off duty to be prepared to give advice over the telephone and/or be called out to the Home in emergencies.
- To be available to residents, relatives and staff as required. Be professional, courteous and transparent in your communication.
- Any other reasonable task requested by the Registered Manager which is within your competence.
- Weekend and out of hours working as necessary
- Availability by mobile phone and email out of hours for urgent issues
Job Title of positions to be directly supervised
Our client subscribes to Well Led
- Strong & effective leadership
- A supportive & values-driven culture
- Encouraging teams to work together
- Stable management
- Open & collaborative
In return, you can expect from us
- Competitive hourly rate
- Holiday pay
- Pension Contributions
- Supportive environment & regular supervision
- Employee well-being programme
- Opportunity to develop & career progression