Here at Osa Healthcare Recruitment we are committed to finding wonderful staff who share our values and are dedicated to providing professional, caring and high quality services. We want to find the right people the right role for them.
Job Title: Field Care Supervisor
Location: Chippenham, you may be required to work from other locations at the discretion of the company and with appropriate notice.
Length/Type of Post: Permanent
Salary: £10.50 per hour
Hours: 40 hours per week. 35 hours are providing care and support to service users, 5 hours administration which includes spot checks, supervisions, and appraisals.
Our client provides care to individuals in their own homes. They offer help with clinical attention, respite and assistance with domestic duties amongst other things. They know everyone has different needs, so offer flexible personalised care packages.
- To provide leadership to care staff
- To provider care in accordance with best practices, according to policy and procedures, agreed standards, legislative requirements, relevant regulations under the direction of the Manager.
- To supervise the care delivery within the service.
- To maintain skills at current level and undertake such training and development as may from time-to-time be required to maintain practices as up-to-date.
Role specific Duties:
Supervision, management, and leadership
- Develop effective working relationships with other employees.
- Supervising and mentoring care workers, often being their first port of call.
- Inducting new workers and providing direct training.
- Managing a team of care workers.
- Participating in the 24 hour on-call rota.
- Contributing to staff recruitment and selection processes.
- Dealing with customer enquiries and promoting the service to potential customers.
- Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of those individuals they support.
- Work in cooperation with members of the multi-disciplinary teams to maximise opportunities with service users.
- Seek opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Attend statutory training and any other training as directed by the management.
- Carrying out spot checks to monitor the quality of care provided by care workers.
- Supporting and monitoring the implementation of quality assurance processes and agency policies and procedures.
- Ensure Service Users are the heart of the care delivery and their wishes and preferences enhance their wellbeing.
- To ensure that all staff contribute to the efficient running of the company and supervise staff.
- Ensure that the care service is delivered to Service users at the times and for the duration specified in the relevant individual agreement(s) and contracted standards.
Care and Support
- To organise and co0ordinate care delivery in accordance with current best practices, according to policy and procedures
- Overseeing the delivery of care and support
- Providing direct care, also when care workers are unavailable or to plug gaps in the staff rota.
- Contributing to service user assessments, risk assessments, care planning and reviews.
- Compiling and maintaining accurate records including care plans, medication, and financial transactions
Type of candidate that we are looking for
- Ability to induct and orientate new employees to the job role and service.
- Organise and plan supervision and appraisals for care staff.
- Provide and oversee staff providing Service Users with support/assistance as they accomplish daily tasks, including bathing, eating, dressing, grooming, and using the bathroom.
- Dispense medications following policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the staff allocated, and the staff attending, each Service User have the relevant skills, knowledge and resources related to the opportunities and needs of that person.
- Communicate any problems, concerns or changes to peoples’ family members as needed.
- Field Care supervisors need to build rapport with Service Users by establishing personal connections and showing interest in their lives.
- The post-holder should recognise the importance of effective communication within the multi-disciplinary team, with Service Users and their families/friends, whilst recognising people’s needs for alternative methods of communication and respond accordingly.
- Excellent telephone manner is required to deal with staff and Service Users under pressure
- Ensure that each staff member is introduced to the Service User before or at the beginning of the first visit by that staff member, and that the Service User always knows who to expect at each visit.
- Field Care Supervisors need to be able to adapt and address situations quickly.
- Plan, develop, implement, and assess approaches to promote health and well-being, whilst recognising and reporting situations where there might be a need for protection.
- Manage travel delays and staff shortages to mitigate to the fullest extent possible the impact on the Service User, managing and minimising their distress and insecurity in such situations.
- Previous experience working in similar environment.
- Previous experience of working in similar supervisory role.
- Experience of working with Service Users, in particular, those that may have additional support needs.
- Involve Service Users, family, external agencies & colleagues.
- Speak up when things go wrong.
Respect and Dignity
- Understand person-centred care and can demonstrate treating people as individuals and respecting choices.
- Promoting independence and encouraging appropriate risk taking
- Ensuring no one is discriminated against or excluded.
- Understand human rights and impact on care delivery.
- Facilitating people to ‘speak up’ about concerns and acting upon them.
Commitment to Quality of Care
- Striving for quality in everything we do recognising and understanding what quality in care means or people using the service.
- Being accepting about criticism and focusing on improvement
- Being open to new opportunities for learning and identifying the limits of skills and knowledge.
- Treating people with kindness
- Understanding that importance of empathy in all areas of employment
- Understanding the values of others and always providing a caring service
- Focus on how things could be done better and sharing ideas.
- Understanding of wellbeing and what is important to people using the service.
- Improving outcomes for people
- Ensuring appropriate services are provided for people using the services.
What our client is offering the successful candidate
- Excellent salary.
- A supportive team.
- Free training.
This job role will involve working around vulnerable people therefore your employer may be required to check whether you have a criminal record via the Disclosure and Barring Service (known as a DBS check). You will also be asked questions as part of our self disclosure section on the application form. We operate a fair recruitment process and do not discriminate. Any information you provide will be considered fairly and lawfully.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities company as are all the companies we work with. All applicants will be considered fairly and free from prejudice or discrimination.
We are very proud to say that we have signed the mental health at work commitment. We are passionate about mental health and we are dedicated to doing everything we can to promote mental well-being, support people who are struggling and break down the stigmas of mental health problems. We only work with companies who share our beliefs and care for their employees metal health and well-being.