Here at Osa Healthcare Recruitment we are committed to finding wonderful staff who share our values and are dedicated to providing professional, caring and high quality services. We want to find the right people the right role for them.
Job Title: Interim Manager
Location: Located in Cardigan Bay, Wales.
Length/Type of Post: 12 Months
Hours: 40 Hours
Our client is registered to accept Service Users aged 50 and over for Nursing and Residential Care. Their philosophy is to consistently endeavour to provide all members with the highest level of care in a safe relaxed environment, centred around them. They achieve this by tailoring the needs of the Service User via careful assessment and planning. Service Users are encouraged to participate in developing their Care Plans as needed, with relatives, friends or professionals who would wish to be involved (with the Service Users consent).
Our philosophy is to consistently endeavour to provide all residents with the highest level of care in a safe relaxed environment, centred around them.
Our staff are trained to preserve and maintain the dignity, individuality, and privacy of all our Service Users within a warm and caring environment. In doing so, we are sensitive to the Service User’s ever-changing needs.
The Registered Manager is responsible on a 24 hour basis for ensuring efficient and effective management of The Nursing Home within the resource constraint in order to achieve an agreed standard of care to residents within. The Registered Manager must act within the NMC Code of Conduct, in line with CIW and other statutory body requirements.
This is a temporary role, as well as having all of the responsibilities of a Registered Manager you will also have the responsibility of supporting a deputy manager/trainee manager to upskill, you will work closely with them to identify areas where additional training is required and where they need additional support, an action plan should be created to support them to cover all required criteria.
You will also be the Interim project manager for 9-12 months minimum.
Additionally, the job holder is expected to assist the organisation in its overall aims and objectives.
- To oversee the planning and implementation of care to residents according to their individual needs, as well as ensuring continuous evaluation of the care of the residents in line with CIW Regulations.
- To ensure that the home’s CIW rating is Good or better at all times
- To provide visible & effective leadership in maintaining and further developing outstanding standards within the home.
- To establish good professional relationships with the local GPs, Consultants, Pharmacists, Social Workers and various community groups to enhance the image and increase resident occupancy of the Home.
- To ensure continuous professional development of all in the Home to foster high standards of care and engagement
- To act as an advisor to the Directors on all matters concerning the smooth and efficient running of the Home
- To ensure that nurse staffing levels within the Home is all times maintained to at least the minimum staffing levels.
- To assist the Directors in the recruitment processes within the Home ensuring that procedures in relation to recruitment are adhered to and that effective induction of new staff takes place.
- Ensure that objectives in line with service needs are set for all staff within the Home and that performance is formally assessed in relation to the objectives utilising the company’s Supervision & Appraisal process.
- To help identify the future planning, development and overall business needs of the organisation identifying the priorities and providing information required that contributes to this end.
- To ensure that the Home conforms to all registration requirements and other relevant legislation, e.g. CIW inspection, Mental Capacity Act 2005, Health and Safety at Work Act, storage and administration of medicines, etc.
- To investigate complaints as required in accordance with the companies Complaints Procedure.
- To actively participate within the company’s disciplinary framework, undertaking disciplinary action when required up to and including termination of employment.
- To carry out unannounced inspections at weekends and on night duty to ensure high standards of care are being delivered on a 24 hour basis
- Oversee the smooth running of Administration, Catering, Ancillary Services and Maintenance departments.
- To utilise technology within the home to optimise the service provided
- To foster clear lines of communication with the HR Department, Finance
- Department and Central Administration Department at Head Office
- Deliver and maintain optimum occupancy levels ensuring that all new referrals are responded to in a timely manner in line with contractual and organisational timescales
- To maintain a quality assurance process & undertake quality audits to monitor and continuously improve the service provision.
- To notify the appropriate office of the CIW and the appropriate CCG of new admissions and death or discharge of clients through completion of appropriate forms.
- To oversee the maintenance of the Home in line with statutory requirements and to ensure the safety of all residents, staff and stakeholders visiting the home.
- Develop structures to review, implement and assess policies and practices offering quality standards within the Home
- Monitor and control budgets and business performance
- To benchmark practices within the home with similar organisations to drive improvements
- To oversee all aspects of effective nursing care using the most cost-effective methods within the resources of the Home.
- To insure than electronic care records management is optimised to deliver safe and effective care
- To develop a structure to achieve accreditation of quality standards as identified by the company.
- To oversee and provide supervision for the smooth running of placement of overseas nursing students as appropriate.
Communication and Working Relationships
- The Registered Manager will ensure effective communications both internally and externally
- Within the company, regular meetings in line with the Organisation’s procedures ensuring that there is a shared understanding.
- To forge links with other the Directors and colleagues to discuss, give and receive advice on all areas which affect the company.
- The Registered Manager will be expected to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- To actively market the service to potential and existing purchasers.
- In conjunction with the Directors and HR, provide the opportunity for staff to develop their skills via in-house education programmes and external courses.
Job Description is not exhaustive and other duties, commensurate with the position, may be required as and when necessary.
The post holder is expected to comply with all relevant Group policies, procedures and guidelines, including those relating to Equal Opportunities, Health & Safety and Confidentiality of Information.
Type of candidate that we are looking for.
- Registered General Nurse on the NMC Nursing Register. Minimum of two years’ experience in the care of the elderly. Appropriate management experience and qualifications.
- RMA, Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health & Social Care or Equivalent Management qualification or working towards it.
- 2 years relevant experience in an operational management capacity.
- Knowledge and understanding of the current legal responsibilities and standards of the service, including the need for the management and delivery of person centred service
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership qualities
- Organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise work
- Ability to deal effectively with crises/emergencies
- IT literate
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to effectively manage the performance of others
- Ability to motivate others to meet deadlines
- Ability to recognise and develop additional opportunities for the service and the people using it
- Ability to develop and promote positive working relationships with individual service users, their family and professional colleagues
- Ability to cope under pressure
- A positive attitude to change
- Flexible approach to working hours (with ability to work hours to needs of the business).Flexibility to be on call
- A good team ethic
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Commitment to the goals of the department an organisation as a whole
- Work practice which promotes equality and diversity
- Provide advice and guidance outside of normal office hours as required
- RMN qualification ENB998 or Assessor qualification
What our client is offering the successful candidate
- Up to £10,000 in a structured performance related bonus.
- Up to £1200 as part of a relocation package.
- Holiday, Pension, Sickness is all the statutory minimum.
This job role will involve working around vulnerable people therefore your employer may be required to check whether you have a criminal record via the Disclosure and Barring Service (known as a DBS check). You will also be asked questions as part of our self-disclosure section on the application form. We operate a fair recruitment process and do not discriminate. Any information you provide will be considered fairly and lawfully.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities company as are all the companies we work with. All applicants will be considered fairly and free from prejudice or discrimination.
We are very proud to say that we have signed the mental health at work commitment. We are passionate about mental health and we are dedicated to doing everything we can to promote mental well-being, support people who are struggling and break down the stigmas of mental health problems. We only work with companies who share our beliefs and care for their employees’ metal health and well-being.