Here at Osa Healthcare Recruitment we are committed to finding wonderful staff who share our values and are dedicated to providing professional, caring and high quality services. We want to find the right people the right role for them.
Job Title: Health Care Assistant/ Senior Health Care Assistant NIGHTS
Length/Type of Post: Permanent
Salary: £9-£10 an hour
Hours: Full and part time available
An outstanding Nursing home, set in seven acres of beautifully landscaped grounds, that offers a boutique care experience for their guests, ensuring home really does mean home.
Set in 7 acres of garden, this home has been completely refurbished to a high standard. The new owners are seeking experienced & dedicated staff to become part of an outstanding team providing the highest level of support & compassionate care to residents.
Job Purpose- To provide care in accordance with best practice & legislative requirements as directed by & under the supervision of the registered nurse. Delivering care in a person-centred way that is unique to each individual & ensuring service users are supported & enabled to live fulfilling & enjoyable lives, remain independent & keep personal interests
Quality & Regulation
- To deliver high quality personal care following the care plan & individual resident wishes to ensure the comfort & dignity of each resident.
- Adhere to the local Safeguarding policy, following the Duty of Candour requirements
- Understand the regulatory framework that governs the home, including the role of the CQC & their requirements.
- Understand the importance of privacy, dignity, choice & consent & uphold these basic rights at all times.
- Contribute to the individualised person-centred care planning process of each resident & recording appropriate daily interactions & observations
- Be responsible for informing the Nurse/Registered Manager of any changes in the needs of a resident.
- Complete all regulatory & statutory training requirements & comply with all company policy & procedures whilst at work .
- Participate in the care plan review with families & other health care professionals as required.
- Support residents in understanding the ageing process & how it affects their health & lifestyle. Support residents to maximize their independence & create the environment which supports their physical & mental well-being & ensure that all residents are treated with dignity.
- Key worker responsibility for residents ensuring that residents receive one-to-one quality time when on duty.
- Prepare food trays & dining rooms to the expected standard & support residents with their meals & drinks
- In consultation with the resident/families offer support to maintain the resident’s room, clothing & property in order.
- Make beds & change linen & dispose of soiled linen in accordance with the company procedure.
- Record observations including weight, temperature, pulse, blood pressure, nutrition, tissue viability & fluid intake/output as identified in the care plan.
- Engage in supporting & delivering activities for residents
- Work collaboratively within the clinical team to promote a healthy, professional & friendly atmosphere for all residents & their families & ffriends.
- Support new residents & their families & friends to the home in orientation of the environment.
- Maintain communication & working relationships with healthcare professionals in the home.
- Establish professional working relationship with the residents their families & friends to provide a safe & reassuring environment.
- Be professional, courteous & transparent in your communication.
- Assist & actively encourage the social care & the well-being of residents.
- Escort residents when required out of the home for appointments etc. following completion of a risk assessment by the registered nurse (or Senior Carer in a residential home)
- Attend opportunities for clinical/personal training & development.
- Any other reasonable task requested by the Clinical lead or General Manager which is within your competence.
This is physically demanding; you will be required to stand for extended periods of time & do repetitive tasks with few breaks
Type of candidate that we are looking for
- Good verbal & written communication skills
- NVQ level 2 in Health & Social Care
- GCSE English & Maths Grade C or above, or equivalent
- Able to demonstrate specific knowledge of clinical care in the older person
- Care home or caring experience
- Customer service experience
- Team worker
- Enthusiastic manner
- Trustworthy & honest
- Can-do attitude
- Strong communicator
- Personally committed
- Learns from mistakes
- Tenacious & resilient
- Takes accountability
- Willing to undertake further training
- Ability to motivate & influence others
- Knowledge of HR processes
- Able to work autonomously with diligence, consistency & enthusiasm
Whilst prior experience is not essential as training can be provided, it is important you understand your reason for entering a care profession. Whilst the job can be highly rewarding it can also be demanding both physically & emotionally.
What our client is offering the successful candidate
- Competitive hourly rate
- Holiday pay
- Pension Contributions
- Supportive environment & regular supervision
- Employee well-being programme
- Opportunity to develop & career progression
- Strong & effective leadership
- A supportive & values-driven culture
- Encouraging teams to work together
- Stable management
- Open & collaborative
This job role will involve working around vulnerable people therefore your employer may be required to check whether you have a criminal record via the Disclosure and Barring Service (known as a DBS check). You will also be asked questions as part of our self disclosure section on the application form. We operate a fair recruitment process and do not discriminate. Any information you provide will be considered fairly and lawfully.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities company as are all the companies we work with. All applicants will be considered fairly and free from prejudice or discrimination.
We are very proud to say that we have signed the mental health at work commitment We are passionate about mental health and we are dedicated to doing everything we can to promote mental well-being, support people who are struggling and break down the stigmas of mental health problems. We only work with companies who share our beliefs and care for employees metal health and well-being.