Here at Osa Healthcare Recruitment we are committed to finding wonderful staff who share our values and are dedicated to providing professional, caring and high quality services. We want to find the right people the right role for them.
Job Title: Registered Home Manager
Length/Type of Post: Permanent
Salary: £32,000- £34,000
Our client has over 50 Mental Health Hospitals and Supported Living Services for individuals with learning disabilities. They are a unique, young, dynamic company with a passion for the delivery of individual centred care who are led and delivered by a management team with enormous industry experience.
You will be working at a home that is part of their Learning Disability and Autism division and provides care and support to six adults who may be living with severe learning disabilities, autism and behaviours which, due to their diagnosis may be seen as challenging.
Purpose of Job: Follow company values and policies to create an environment in which services users including those with Autism receive the highest possible standards of support, care, accommodation and guidance. Support staff are able mentored and developed to achieve their career aspirations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- At all times maintain a professional corporate approach and support all team members and service users in the delivery of services.
- To understand and respond to the specific needs of individuals with Autistic Spectrum Disorder.
- To participate in contract reviews and represent the organisation in respect of service delivery.
- To lead the team within the home and create, maintain and enhance productive working relationships both within the home.
- To work closely with purchasers of the service to assure their satisfaction and continuing use of Company facilities.
- To communicate regularly with purchasers regarding outcomes of the service.
- To ensure the appropriate number and skill mix of staff on duty at any given time subject to company protocol and the needs of the service users.
- To recruit appropriately qualified staff to the home.
- To lead the supervision and annual review process for your team.
- To ensure the confidentiality of all information in the work place.
- To continuously identify opportunities for business development and expansion.
- To be part of the ‘on call’ rota.
- To ensure that staff receive appropriate training and are enabled to obtain further qualifications appropriate to the work they perform.
- To initiate and manage a comprehensive system of record management and to maintain all paperwork to the highest standard at all time.
- To implement, manage and audit systems of financial management and control within the home, including service user’s monies.
- To produce any reports and information, both routine and ‘as required’, for the use of the management team at head quarters.
- Service User Responsibilities
- To offer opportunity of experience and promote quality of care for service users.
- To ensure that service users have their personal and cultural care needs met in a way that assures their privacy and dignity are respected.
- To plan, implement and monitor the Person Centred Approach to care within the home.
- To ensure the well being and general health of service users and create an environment in which the service user feels secure and can learn new skills.
- To manage medication administration, recording, ordering and storage.
- To take responsibility in partnership for the individual and general development of service users.
- To ensure that the service user has a meaningful day time occupation and social and leisure program.
- To ensure service users have access to community facilities including an annual holiday.
- To be responsible for the management of complex or sensitive issues (e.g. challenging behaviour, personal relationships) and to support the staff in this work.
- To assess, select and prepare service users for admission to and discharge from the service.
- To support the involvement and contact with parents, relatives and friends of the service user.
- To participate in the assessment of your personal development needs and attend training as determined by the organisation including the completion of required qualifications and programs of learning.
- To undertake such duties as appropriate to your responsibilities, grade and ability.
This job description will be reviewed annually and when appropriate changes are required.
Type of candidate that we are looking for.
- An excellent track record in a management role within the healthcare sector (essential), together with an understanding of learning disabilities, epilepsy and sensory processing issues with a passion for improving clinical quality and client care
- Strong commercial acumen, in order to support successful service delivery and development, people management, budget control, business development, and revenue generation
- An inclusive and supportive management style balanced with strong leadership is a critical factor in the success of this role, in order to provide direction and implement change
- Qualified - RMA, NVQ/RQF/QCF Level 5 or Learning Disabilities Nurse
What our client is offering the successful candidate
- The equivalent of 33 days annual leave – plus your birthday off!
- Free meals and parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
- Flexible working opportunities
This job role will involve working around vulnerable people therefore your employer may be required to check whether you have a criminal record via the Disclosure and Barring Service (known as a DBS check). You will also be asked questions as part of our self disclosure section on the application form. We operate a fair recruitment process and do not discriminate. Any information you provide will be considered fairly and lawfully.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities company as are all the companies we work with. All applicants will be considered fairly and free from prejudice or discrimination.
We are very proud to say that we have signed the mental health at work commitment. We are passionate about mental health and we are dedicated to doing everything we can to promote mental well-being, support people who are struggling and break down the stigmas of mental health problems. We only work with companies who share our beliefs and care for their employees metal health and well-being.