Osa Healthcare are supporting our client to recruit an experienced physical health nurse for a brand new Mental Health service due to open in September 2020.
An exciting opportunity to be part of this unique team setting up the new service.
Our client asks that you will be willing to deliver an innovative and compassionate clinical service whilst working in partnership with the services’ therapeutic team. You will be required to deliver a recovery focused clinical offering to male adults (aged 18-65) experiencing complex mental health difficulties using a wide range of bespoke care planning and risk management strategies. You will be supported directly by the Clinical Lead and will ensure that the service’s values and visions are encapsulated and embedded into clinical practice and that person-centred planning is integral to the clinical offering.
You will work alongside the mental health nursing team to develop a physical/general health programme to support service users with their recovery.
The main purpose of the role is to deliver our clients clinical offering, working in partnership with the therapeutic team to deliver a flexible, innovative, recovery focused service using bespoke care planning and risk management strategies enabling service users to achieve recovery, wellbeing and independence in a safe and supportive environment.
Our Client is dedicated to operating a sustainable organisation that delivers a flexible, outcomes driven, rehabilitative support service that enables people to achieve recovery, wellbeing, and independence within a safe, supportive, and vibrant community.
- Are you able to demonstrate sharing our values of ensuring Person-Centred Practice and individual service design is at the heart of everything that we do?
- Do you have experience of supporting this extremely diverse group of people, and delivery of individualised and tailored support they require, which is enhanced by the community discharge and rehabilitation pathway.
- Do you feel you can develop a supportive environment to enable people to grow and develop?
- Can you inspire the people we support to be ambitious and embrace new opportunities?
- Are you loyal, are you able to put the needs of very complex people first?
- Can you work in and continue to develop open working environments and foster inclusive working cultures?
- Can you bring energy, positivity and an engaging mind-set to work?
- Are you passionate about enabling people to have a meaningful life, to have new experiences or even develop new skills?
- To work in partnership with our clients therapeutic team to deliver a recovery focused clinical and therapeutic service
- To work in partnership with the Clinical lead and psychologist oversee the delivery, action and review of Clinical Care/Support Plans using recovery focused strategies ensuring person centred care
- To work collaboratively with service users, carers, internal and external stakeholders and take an active role with cross agency working
- To support the clinical lead in the application of their duties
- Be able to assess risk and contribute to the development of robust management strategies in line with positive risk frameworks and guidance
- To understand and abide by all policies, procedures, legislation and guidance related to clinical practice
- To ensure accurate, robust and complete documentation of all records
- To develop and maintain knowledge of mental health illnesses, sections and strategies for rehabilitative outcomes
- To actively participate in multi-agency working i.e. Safeguarding, MCA, DOLS processes ensuring service users are central to the process and measures implemented are least restrictive
- Conduct crisis mitigation and resolution work
- Have a Registered General Nurse or Mental Health Qualification
- Valid NMC Pin
- Effective interpersonal skills, with the ability and confidence to generate and build effective relationships with colleagues, service users and external professionals.
- Effective Crisis Resolution.
- Experience working in Forensic services (desirable)
- Proven knowledge and understanding of support and rehabilitative needs of service users.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of mental ill health and ability to develop recovery focused strategies
- Knowledge of up to date clinical practice and able to evidence continued professional development
- Proven knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety Issues.
- Clear understanding of policies and procedures as well as legislation and guidance related to clinical practice and governance (including CQC Regulations)
- Knowledge of Safeguarding Procedures and Reporting protocols. MCA (Mental Capacity Act) and DOL's (Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards), Pharmaceutical Guidelines and Practices
- Experience of mental health issues and/or services, either as a user, carer or employee.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience of clinical practice post qualification in the community, rehabilitation services or acute inpatient settings
- Experience of working with people with multiple needs i.e. mental health, learning disability, and substance dependency.
- Experience providing practical and emotional support that has enabled service users to achieve defined objectives around recovery, taking responsibility and progressing towards more independent living.
- Experience of delivering well-developed care plans and detailed risk assessment
- Experience of assessing risk and developing robust management strategies in line with positive risk frameworks and guidance
- Excellent salary that is tailored to your individual qualifications, skills and experience
- Enrolment with Perkbox to receive discounted products and services including access to Perkbox Medical offering online access to GP Practitioners
- Enrolment with Litmos Hero’s- online training platform offering hundreds of online courses
- Generous pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme