Osa Healthcare Recruitment are supporting our client to recruit experienced Senior Care Assistants (both Day and Night) for their 66 Bed dementia specialist unit.
Summary of the Job
To assist with the resident’s care plan, supervising the caring team whilst working as an integral part of the caring team, delivering the highest standards of personalised care to residents whilst ensuring that at all times residents are treated with respect and dignity, and that individual’s rights to privacy, dignity, independence and choice are met.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• To provide the highest level of personal care and attention to residents, following individual care plans carefully and ensuring that all contact is polite,
friendly, warm and supportive. To act as a care plan coordinator for a named group of residents, ensuring that these responsibilities are carried out in full (as defined in the training and policy manual and Care Plans).
• To always be alert to residents’ physical and mental wellbeing, immediately reporting any changes in a resident’s condition to a senior person on duty, and to accurately maintain and update residents’ records as required.
• To participate in the formulation and maintenance of individual care plans for each resident and administer medication to residents as prescribed, accurately maintaining appropriate records for both.
• To understand and comply with statutory and legal requirements which are relevant such as Health & Safety, COSHH, all aspects of the Health & Social Care Act, to maintain a safe environment throughout the home. Understand and have an awareness of Infection Control
• To respect and maintain confidentiality of resident’s personal information at all times, this includes resident’s behaviour and actions and any incidents that may occur in the course of day to day care.
• To be an active and encouraging member of the Care team, contribute to team meetings, ensuring good communication and participate in the induction, supervision and training of newly appointed care assistants, ensuring that the Care Home is a friendly and supportive working environment.
• To uphold and ensure full compliance with CQC Fundamental Standards and Safeguarding.
• To liaise with other care professionals relating to the care needs of the residents.• Be understanding and patient towards residents and their needs, and encourage, assist and support residents to participate in leisure activities as appropriate to the individual,
ensuring their social and emotional needs are met. This also includes escorting residents to outside appointments and leisure outings.
• Responsible for making and changing beds, tidying resident’s rooms (with the resident’s permission) undertaking light cleaning duties as needed and generally assisting in ensuring that the Home is kept clean, pleasant and welcoming at all times.
• Helping to serve meals and drinks at meal times and other times when required, taking care to present meals and refreshments in an appealing way, with polite and courteous service. To be understanding with residents who need assistance with feeding and provide the appropriate level of support and help.
• To ensure that the company's Core Values and Strategic Objectives are actively promoted and worked to at all times.
• To attend meetings and/or training and development activities, and represent the company, as required.
• To ensure that all the Group’s policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
• To undertake any other tasks appropriate to the post as required by the Group.