Here at Osa Healthcare Recruitment we are committed to finding wonderful staff who share our values and are dedicated to providing professional, caring and high-quality services. We want to find the right people the right role for them.
Job Title: Supported Living Services Deputy Manager
Length/Type of Post: Permanent
Hours: 40 Hours per week, Monday – Friday plus on call responsibilities
(Due to the nature of the business, working outside of these hours may at times be required).
Our client provides care to individuals in their own homes. They offer help with clinical attention, respite and assistance with domestic duties amongst other things. They know everyone has different needs, so offer flexible personalised care packages.
You will support the Manager to lead and manage the care team, helping them to deliver high standards across the organisation. You’ll also play an important role in the development of a new service provision within this established care provider.
- Work alongside the Registered Manager, organising and writing Care Plans, and Risk Assessments. Also supporting staff to provide a first class service to our clients, following company processes, policies and quality systems
- Support the Manager to manage all aspects of running the service including but not limited to: supervision and appraisal of staff, rota planning and management, care planning, quality assurance, induction and training, budget management and payroll
- Have sound knowledge and understanding of the CQC Compliance Standards
- Deputising for the registered manager, and be the responsible manager in their absence carrying out all the duties that this position entails
- Undertake care assessments of people needing care and support, as well as working closely with healthcare professionals and others
- Helping the service to recruit and develop new care workers, supporting, supervising and performance managing them
- Review and improve organizational effectiveness by developing processes, overseeing employees, establishing a highly motivated work environment, and creating innovative approaches for improvement
- Uphold standards of excellence and soaring quality
- Seek out opportunities for expansion and growth by developing new business relationships
- Provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas
- Oversee day-to-day operations, assigning weekly performance goals and assuring their completion, while accomplishing your own goals
- Undertake training of carers in due course ( Additional training to develop yourself will be provided if needed).
Type of candidate that we are looking for.
- A recognised qualification (NVQ Level 4, or Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care) or equivalent is preferred for this position, however, we will consider candidates who have achieved NVQ3 and are studying towards or have a preparedness to study towards a CQC recognised qualification. In addition, the successful candidate must be dedicated to achieving the highest quality care standards along with the promotion of client choice and independence.
- Experience within a supported living service ( Minimum 1 year) (ESSENTIAL)
- Above-average communication, collaboration, and delegation skills
- Proven experience in a management position, either as a team leader, deputy manager or manager.
- Ability to motivate and lead people, and hold employees accountable
- Strong working knowledge of operational procedures
- Performance management
- Self-motivation and resilience
- Understand regulatory requirements
What our client is offering the successful candidate
- Excellent Salary
- Holiday pay
- Pension Contributions
- Free Enhanced DBS Check
- Supportive environment & regular supervision
- Opportunity to develop & free training
This job role will involve working around vulnerable people therefore your employer may be required to check whether you have a criminal record via the Disclosure and Barring Service (known as a DBS check). You will also be asked questions as part of our self-disclosure section on the application form. We operate a fair recruitment process and do not discriminate. Any information you provide will be considered fairly and lawfully.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities company as are all the companies we work with. All applicants will be considered fairly and free from prejudice or discrimination.
We are very proud to say that we have signed the mental health at work commitment. We are passionate about mental health and we are dedicated to doing everything we can to promote mental well-being, support people who are struggling and break down the stigmas of mental health problems. We only work with companies who share our beliefs and care for their employees metal health and well-being.