Osa Healthcare Recruitment are supporitng our client to recruit a Trainer and Carer Champion to support their mission to transform how we grow old at home. They are building a tech-first home care business that provides unrivaled high-quality care and better health predictions, helping older people live longer at home. They want their team to share their passion to do something better in the home care sector.
Our client launched in 2018 and is now fully regulated by the Care Quality Commission. They provide their clients with the best care from the comfort of their homes. Their best-in-class Carers and technology-driven services are designed to give people’s loved ones the care they deserve.
Working closely with the Care and Recruitment Teams, Our client is looking for a professional Trainer and Carer Champion to take the social care world by storm. This is an exciting and dynamic
position for someone who is passionate about training carers and supporting them in their day to day roles to lift the lives of our clients. With growth comes exceptional rewards! You will be training groups of new carers varying between 10 to 20 carers twice a month. The training will be delivered through remote online sessions with a view to reverting back to classroom-based training in time. This role will heavily interact with the Care Team, Field Care Supervisors, the Recruitment team, and prospective employees.
During Training weeks
- Deliver training twice a month remotely covering all aspects of the 15 care certificate standards encouraging best practice at all times.
- Delivery of new topics/ facilitating discussions and content remotely.
- Utilising company technology to prepare new carers for their first client visit and supporting them on their new journey with us.
- Working in harmony with recruitment to provide detailed insights and feedback of all trainees ensuring they successfully graduate the programme.
- Suggesting and implementing process improvements across the induction and training programmes.
Outside of Training weeks
- Develop and improve training programmes
- Suggest and improve methods of training delivery through online and offline training modules.
- Creating and delivering re-training modules for carers focusing on the key topics.
- Creating and delivering one-day workshops/ masterclasses for any courses in demand.
- Leading and driving carer surgeries, which enables carers to attend to have their questions answered.
- Leading and driving carer topical surgeries or brown bag sessions, which include sessions of a specific chosen topic (e.g - Hoisting).
- Monitoring and ensure Training Matrix is up to date and scheduling refresher training to existing staff as well as scheduling supplementary training(s) to all Staff.
- Acting as the company Carer Champion by building strong partnerships and truly ensuring carers are happy in their day to day work and supported where need be.
- In conjunction with the Care Team will help conduct disciplinaries, spot checks, supervisions, carer appraisal, and field supervisions.
- Organising and facilitating quarterly carer meetings.
- Organising and facilitating carer welfare checks.
- Be the voice and advocate for our carers internally.
- Create the right space and forums for them in the business.
- Develop carer recognition, carer forums, NPS scores, and Exit Interviews.
- Work alongside the Care Team and Field Care Supervisors to act in a professional manner to address any carer issues not explicitly listed above.
- As a professional Healthcare Trainer, you must have a minimum or equivalent of NVQ/QCF Level 3 Health & Social Care qualification
- A Nursing Qualification strongly preferred
- Training and care experience in Dementia, Frail, and Elderly Care along with demonstrable experience is essential.
- Training and care experience in Learning Disabilities is desirable but not required.
- Relevant Teaching and Training Qualification: Train the Trainer, PTTLS or minimum QCF Level 3 in Education and Training)
- Working in high demand environments, to targets and tight deadlines
- Delivering blended (online/offline), modular training
- Delivering training using tech including mobile using apps
- Excellent time management, influencing and communication skills
- High energy, enthusiasm, and flexibility
- Strong communication / self-motivation / IT skills
- Ability to project manage and lead key strategic workstreams
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to manage varying characteristics and conflicts
- Positive and dynamic with the ability to think on your feet and solve problems
- Passion for people development and to work in a growing and ever-changing business
- Company laptop
- Being part of a supportive team who’s passionate about succeeding together
- Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum depending on experience
- Potential for Company Options